Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by mythictom »

"Odimus, you doll, you!" Moonglimmer exclaims as she accepts the letter. "Your kindness knows no bounds!"

"And, you know, if you have any dusty old enchanted armor or talking swords cluttering up the place, I doubt anyone would refuse your generosity," she adds with a wink.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Odimus blushes at the comments of the wood elf, "Madame, your beauty is all the armor you shall need!"

herself

Post by herself »

Susanna nods. She's keen to help Hadrian, and if Moonglimmer has business with this witch Maub, she's doubly keen.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Seeing Katherine in a safe place, and all of our crew in relatively good spirits, Otis is fine going wherever anyone wants to go. Taking the fight to the witch seems interesting, and of course, Otis can't stop talking about wanting to meet some non-evil Bugbears and talk to them.

Bengar's lack of gear concerns Otis, and he volunteers to give Bengar his share of loot (HONEST EDIT: I HAVE NO CLUE HOW MUCH COIN I HAVE... OOPSY) but he'll share all of it with Bengar and accompany him to get some gear. While doing that, Otis gets a wild idea, He inquires with Odimus if he knows anyone who can paint well. He'd like to get an image of Yarrow and Katherine painted on his shield. (Don't ask. It's an Otis thing.)

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar nods appreciatively at Otis' offer. Very well, he agrees, but I will pay you back as soon as I can.

OC: I'm happy to roleplay the trip into town if the DM wants. I'm also happy if we merely handwave Bengar's just getting some gear and getting on to our next adventure.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Armed with a letter of introduction and 210 silver coins, the adventurers depart the cozy little cottage of Odimus of Isprey. Leaving the forest by retracing their steps, the group can view an ocean to the east and a walled seaside town settled in a sparkling blue bay.

In just a short walk, you come to the town of Isprey. There are cottages and huts along the way. You join up with a road that takes you past long fields, divided into strips. The ground looks fertile as farmers till the soil with oxen. Many folks that pass you are friendly, giving you a nod and a smile or stopping to watch and giving a friendly wave.

The town wall looks more than decorative. The gate is heavy and defensable. A lone guard stands nearby. Farmers, merchants, and townsfolk are moving through the gate. The guard inquires about the party's business and offers directions to the watch captain's post at the garrison headquarters.

The town is larger than any of have ever seen. Hundreds of homes line narrow streets, each of them crowding for space along the street. In the distance you can hear the clang of hammer on anvil and below you lies the bay. A long dock and half a dozen piers fill up the shoreline. A dozen fishing vessels and three or four larger ships are dock at the pier. The larger ships vary in size and shape, from the bulk cogs with their single mast and square sails to the sleek caravels, trimmed with triangle sails.

Guyot de Fortunato breathes in the sea air deeply, "Ahhhh, my friends! This is the life! Let us join the crew of a fast ship and see what adventures lie for us in the sky! No?"

Berlioz shakes his head, "No, Guyot, this bear is staying on the ground. Give me the comforts of a forest filled with honey bees! That is the only adventure I'll need for a long, long while."

The captain of the garrison's office is just ahead. It seems that a small crowd of fishermen are gathered around the entrance.

Actions?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

OOC: Is this where we find Sir Fynn? Or is he further south?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 pm
Sir Flynn is the Lord of Isprey and Protector of the Fish Marches. His home is Isprey and he is the big cheese of the town.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:04 pm
mythictom wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:04 pm
Sir Flynn is the Lord of Isprey and Protector of the Fish Marches. His home is Isprey and he is the big cheese of the town.
Is this Flynn's office, with the small crowd of fishermen gathered in front?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

No, you believe it is the Capt of the Garrison. You'll need to go through this area to get into the inner keep. He is the doorman for Lord Fynn.