Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
mythictom

Re: Chapter 9 ~ Odimus of Isprey

Post by mythictom »

"It appears Fungo's friend Sack was correct. We found nothing in the bay," Moonglimmers says when they are alone.

"Perhaps he is correct with other thing as well? Perhaps we should have him take us north to investigate?"

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar - dwarf thief

Agreed! If we're going to be killed by sea monsters, better to bring the fight to them than to lie in wait, passing the time with pleasure cruises.

It's possible that the concept of a pleasure cruise is an anachronistic one, compounded by the unlikelihood of a mountain dwelling dwarf being familiar with such a thing even if it wasn't. Still, I stand by Bengar's statement. It is suitably grouchy, and I think the words coming out of the dwarf's mouth are believable, even if the idea behind them isn't. Harrumph! I mean, Harrumph!

The dwarf's stomach rumbles once again. Turning to face Sammich...
So, Master Hobbit, what's for dinner?
Last edited by tumblingdice on Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

OOC--I have no doubt that they had "pleasure" cruises long time ago...those Romans were up for anything. Except in those days, Captain Stubbing might not have survived the cruise. :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo agrees with Moonglimmer and sets out to find Sack. He decides he needs a job on board if this is a pleasure cruise.

DM, please change Fungo’s character portrait to this:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

We'll have to call you Isaac from now on.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I agree with Fungo, let's examine the missing man's boat for clues and head out with Sack tomorrow then," Erwin says.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
tumblingdice wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:23 pm
Bengar - dwarf thief
So, Master Hobbit, what's for dinner?
Recalling his comment regarding Cabbage from earlier in the day, the Hobbit puffs with a bit of pride...
"Well, Master Dwarf, it just so happens I previously made a little barter with some local kitchens." He clears his throat and lifts a finger; squinting and smiling he announces, "This evening, you will get to dine - to your heart's delight - on my famous Cabbage Meat Pasties!!"

Bengar Save vs Delectable Pasties -6 :shifty:

Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
HP: 12
AC: 6 [13]
Super sneaky
To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
Arrows = 40

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis, feeling a bit dejected after the uneventful cruise, nods in approval at the suggestion of some good food.
He sits with the others and makes a gesture toward the portrait of Katherine on his shield and he says "Miss Katherine would probably have some good advice about this. But I think Master Fungo was right, we need to take a trip with this Sack fellow, and perhaps he can get us close to where these bad things are. That's my vote, anyway.

Otis will eat and quietly observe the locals.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo scarfs down the pasties with abandon. Through full mouth he says (you think because meat and cabbage are falling from his gullet as he talks), These are great. Reminds me of my mum’s cooking. They’ll keep us full through most of the day tomorrow. Thanks again fellow Hobbit!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
greyarea wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 4:56 pm
Fungo These are great. Reminds me of my mum’s cooking. They’ll keep us full through most of the day tomorrow. Thanks again fellow Hobbit!
"Why thank you! Yes my friend, I made extra sure to make more than enough so we'd have ample for our journey. They should last a day or two preserved in my special bacon-fat wrap."

Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
HP: 12
AC: 6 [13]
Super sneaky
To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
Arrows = 40
Last edited by connivingsumo on Mon May 03, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.