Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
tumblingdice

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by tumblingdice »

True. Any big scary monster, or group of scary monsters, worth hiring a random assortment of murder hobos to deal with--as opposed to the local, established, high level constabulary--is most likely able to see in the dark. Either way, I think we're in trouble.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Perhaps a hooded lantern would come in handy?

Sounds like a real dilemma.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 am

Did I mention that I picked up 2 hooded lanterns in town? Hmmm…. Were’d that post go? Honest…

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:41 pm
jcftao wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:31 am

Did I mention that I picked up 2 hooded lanterns in town? Hmmm…. Were’d that post go? Honest…
I've had situations where my post that I "submitted" didn't post, so... :oops:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

It looks like Sammich has saved the day! On his character sheet, he has listed a lantern and 2 flasks of oil! Good work, hobbit!

--------------
The boat moves silently off into the night. The oars dip into the water quietly and the boat moves downstream into the sea.

Cattails surround you. Long green stalks with fluffy brown heads. Susanna knows that a rudimentary torch can be made from them in a pinch. But for now the lantern casts a sliver of light onto what looks to be a game trail...or perhaps it is a gator trail?

OOC--let me know your marching order and we will continue. :)

herself

Post by herself »

Yikes! Susanna's happy to take the rear if someone with a torch (or better eyesight) wants to lead?
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

QUESTION: How far are we from the village/town that we're supposed to recon?

Otis will volunteer to go somewhere at the front of the group, but suggests that if any of our colleagues (such as Berloiz or Guy) or anyone who can see in the dark might be wise to scout ahead as we draw nearer to the village, lest our lights betray our presence.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar can scout ahead.
Oc: sorry for late reply. On vacation this week. I'm exhausted and need another vacation!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:36 pm
Otis - Fighter

QUESTION: How far are we from the village/town that we're supposed to recon?

Otis will volunteer to go somewhere at the front of the group, but suggests that if any of our colleagues (such as Berloiz or Guy) or anyone who can see in the dark might be wise to scout ahead as we draw nearer to the village, lest our lights betray our presence.
From what info you have gathered, you believe a large village lies south of the river a few miles. You realize that those few miles may be difficult terrain. The area is marshland and undoubtably swampy as well.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Bengar moves stealthily along the game trail, heading to the south. You know that the coastline also runs north-south in this locale.

The sound of frogs and insects are all you hear as the dwarf disappears into the dark. After waiting a few moments, Otis and the others begin to file out along the path. The hooded lantern carried by Sammich provides illumination along the trail. He can easily shutter the hood to direct the light as he wishes.

The trail continues for a mile or so and connects with an east-west footpath. The ground around here is stomped down with tracks of soft shoe prints.

Bengar (listen check) can hear the sound of waves to the east and to the west he hears the thrumming of hand drums and voices singing or chanting in unison.

Actions?