Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox

Moderator: jcftao

Post Reply
User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

The adventurers awaken refreshed but still sore from their recent battle with the sea troll.

Lord Fynn sends for the group shortly after breakfast. He points to a map of the coastline, "This is Osprey. You can see that to the south, there is a portion of the coastline that has no towns nor villages marked on it. This is the Fish Marches, an area of marshland. It is claimed by the Daggoth. These people live in dwellings in small clans all along the coast and into the marshland. They've never been peaceable."

Sir Creighton, his second-in-command, adds, "...because they worship a sea dwelling demon."

Lord Fynn touches the black patch over his eye, "Yes, that is true. We've kept Osprey secure by having a garrison here, but any villages bordering the Fish Marches are often targets by Daggoth raiding parties. Slavers, they are and they'll gladly sacrifice a captive to their sea demon."

"We need a small force to infiltrate one of the larger Daggoth villages. Your mission is to survey the village and take note of troop size and activities. Raiding parties have increased in the past month and we'll need to stop them."

"I'll give your company 250 pieces of silver and another purse of the same on your return. That is, of course, you have any actionable information to report. Get in, scout the village, and get out."

"Our navy will provide passage to a landing relatively close and you will rendevouz with the same vessel, 24 hours later."

Lord Fynn holds out a sack heavy with silver coin, "What say you?"

User avatar
herself
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:33 am
Location: Wellington, NZ

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

Watching is something Susanna *is* good at. She’ll nod to her colleagues and then say “Aye, I can help.”
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

User avatar
greyarea
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Fungo thinks this is a dandy idea.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis nods his approval. "I'm in too. People takin' slaves and hanging out with sea demons sound like a bad bunch." Otis thinks for a moment and says "Sir, do these people see many outsiders like us? I'm just wonderin' if we'll stick out a lot among them bad guys."

OOC: Have we split the loot from the troll's seaside resort yet? Otis would like to donate a portion of his take to the families of the fishermen who were troll snacks.

User avatar
connivingsumo
Posts: 559
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
Image
jcftao wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:29 am
It is claimed by the Daggoth. They've never been peaceable."
"With a name like Daggoth..." his grumble trails off lacking surprise.
jcftao wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:29 am
Lord Fynn holds out a sack heavy with silver coin, "What say you?"
At the site of the sack and the sound of the jingle, Sammich's eyes grow incredibly wide and glaze over. "Oh, I can observe... and count, no problem.


Master Baker, Chef, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.


User avatar
tumblingdice
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:26 pm
Location: Southern NH

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by tumblingdice »

Bengar nods. "I've spent very little time in a cage, but enough to make me wanna fight anybody who would lock someone up for profit. I'm in!"

User avatar
merias
Site Admin
Posts: 1202
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 am
Location: Eastern Townships, Québec
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by merias »

Agreed, I think we can help with these Daggoth. We can get supplies now and head out at first light.

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

The patrol boat will be readied for the morning. You all have a chance to get some sleep, divide treasure, or whatever you need to do.

The captain of the guard informs you that the boat will not launch until afternoon. They want to make sure darkness has fallen before reaching the drop off point near the Daggoth territory.

In the morning, you'll need to make sure you have necessary gear, supplies, etc. The captain of the guard tells you that this won't be a "hide among the villagers" type of scouting mission. If the Daggoth see you, they will kill you.

OOC--I have previously called these people Dagonites and now Daggoths. The words are interchangable, depending on my faulty memory!

User avatar
jcftao
Posts: 1720
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 am
Contact:

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by jcftao »

Berlioz (the bear), Guy (the cat), and Hadrian (the tribesman) are still waiting at the garrison. They are willing to undertake any errands or what you will. The bear and cat have been drinking and playing cards with the soldiers.

User avatar
badams30
Posts: 569
Joined: Mon May 07, 2018 6:50 pm

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis gathers his things, he will inquire about buying a dark cloak, figuring that it will help conceal him a bit. He'll also take 30 silver of his haul and see about donating it to the fallen fishermen so they can get a proper burial or the families can have some needed funds.

Once that's attended to, he's ready to go. And he's all for taking our friends with us!

Post Reply