Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
badams30

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis crouches down facing the direction Fungo headed off into, keeping a close eye out for anyone coming.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo, the hobbit, hops down the <hobbit> trail. Despite his lack of darkvision, he is stealthy as a possum.

After about 100 yards, he can see the glow of torches in the distance...perhaps a couple hundred yards farther.

There is some definite chanting and drumming going on. The trail ahead seems quite, but it sure is dark.

Actions?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Sammich Buttonchubb
jcftao wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:17 am
The trail ahead seems quite, but it sure is dark.
Sammich examines the darkness with a bit of imagined paralysis... whispering... "Are we sure we shouldn't have this lantern lit... a bit... at least?" The Hobbit fiddles nervously with his arrow's fletching, "It sh-sh-sh-sure is dark out here!"

Master Chef & Baker, part-time Archer, armchair Boyer/Fletcher
+ Arrows = 36
+ HP: 12
+ AC: 6 [13]
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 (missile weapons)
+ Zen Archer ~ Allies are safe when I fire into combat
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - fighter

Otis says to Sammich: “if we light that lamp it’ll tell them noisy guys where we’re at, and I’m willin’ to bet there’s more of thems than us’s.”

If we can make our way quietly toward the mouse maybe we can figure out what’s going on. Find a place to hide and peek at them.”

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:19 pm
Otis - fighter

Otis says to Sammich: “if we light that lamp it’ll tell them noisy guys where we’re at, and I’m willin’ to bet there’s more of thems than us’s.”

If we can make our way quietly toward the mouse maybe we can figure out what’s going on. Find a place to hide and peek at them.”

Mouse?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:18 pm
badams30 wrote:
Otis - fighter

Mouse?
OOPS. That’s what I get typing on my phone. Sorry. NOISE. Toward the noise. We’ll leave the mouse alone, he didn’t do anything.

herself

Post by herself »

Darn, I was getting excited by this mouse! :lol: :lol:
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:50 pm
jcftao wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:18 pm
badams30 wrote:
Otis - fighter

Mouse?
OOPS. That’s what I get typing on my phone. Sorry. NOISE. Toward the noise. We’ll leave the mouse alone, he didn’t do anything.
herself wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 2:03 am
Darn, I was getting excited by this mouse! :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I certain that Guy de Fortunato would have pounced on any mice on the trail. :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo moves along the darkened trail and suddenly it open up onto a long lake or bay. It is hard to tell. But the shoreline curves towards the south. On what looks like a muddy shore, large fires are lit. Fungo can see a multitude of figures silhouetted against the fires a couple hundred yards distant. Dark drums sound with heavy and slow beats. The figures dance around a stone structure rising out of the muck. It is too dark to make out any more details.

Fungo notes that there are many canoes pulled ashore (about 50 yards from him and closer than the fires.

Actions?