Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
herself

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:37 am
Berlioz (the bear), Guy (the cat), and Hadrian (the tribesman) are still waiting at the garrison. They are willing to undertake any errands or what you will. The bear and cat have been drinking and playing cards with the soldiers.
Oh good! I was worried that Hadrian had left without Susanna getting a chance to thank him.
Beyond the Borderlands, Susanna Clank

herself

Post by herself »

(Is anyone keeping track of our party loot? Apologies but I hadn’t even thought of it until now!)

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I haven’t been allowed to track loot since the Unexpected Monty Haul Event of ‘08 (Greyarea: “All six IOUN stones? sweet!” DM: “Wait a moment…”) so I nominate anyone else to do it.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Your troll treasure includes...

a golden headress carved with strange images of fish men wielding tridents. It is a bizarre and unsettling piece of jewelry.

a polished skull, perhaps a memento of a memorable meal?

a small ivory statue of a grotesque fish man carved with runes...even more unsettling than the headress.

a pouch with some crude bits of gold, hammered into flat pieces

and three black pearls

How you decide to divide it, I leave up to you.

The silver from Lord Fynn amounts to a total of 500sp (250 initially and 250 at the end of the troll affair).

The silver divides up to approx 83sp for each of you (PLEASE MARK THIS DOWN ON YOUR CHAR SHEET)

I will make a group treasure list if you are unsure what to do with some of the loot. See the new thread "Group Loot"

herself

Post by herself »

thanks!!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Otis makes his way down the dock and finds Sack, the fisherman. He gratefully accepts the 30 silver pieces and says that it will pay the funeral for the men plus provide some income for their widows. A tear comes to his eye, "That's a fine thing for you to do, lookin' after us common folk like you do. Much obliged, Sir Otis."

Otis also finds a black travelling cloak at a local tailor's shop. [It will cost Otis 3 silver pieces for this item, please deduct it and the 30sp from your treasure.]

+++++++++++++++++++
connivingsumo wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:52 pm
If available, Sammich would like to purchase:
+ A lock, or padlock, to practice with his Thieve's Tools.
+ 3 more pints of oil.
+ 7 additional days of rations.
+ An "upgraded" mess kit for cooking; I mean... you never know.
Sammich will easily find these items. The oil and the rations are no cost (from the quartermaster). The mess kit (cast iron skillet, small cookpot, utensils) will cost 5sp. Sammich is able to find an iron padlock with a key (5sp).

[So, Sammich should deduct a total of 10sp from his treasure.]

++++++++++++++++++++
The Quartermaster can provide up to one week of iron rations, rope, arrows, bolts, shields, oil, torches, lanterns. Just tell me what you have taken and then write in on your character sheet.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

The morning comes and the party huddles around a mess hall table eating porridge, eggs, and bacon.

The captain of the garrison sits with you to discuss the mission.

"A patrol boat will take you into the Daggoth territory under the cover of darkness. You will disembark and search for a large village. Our scouts have located one south of your landing point about two miles."

"You are to observe and report. If you are discovered, they will capture or kill you. For your sake, you'd better pray that they kill you quickly."

The captain pulls a wicked dagger from his belt. It is a iron knife...a butcher knife but for a hook on the tip. "This is a daggoth fish knife. They like to stab their enemy with it and then use the gut hook to create even more damage when it is ripped out! You've seen Lord Fynn's eyepatch, no? Well, this is the kind of blade that did that."

"They will also use barb nets to capture their enemy. All the armor you have may not be worth much it that happens. I would recommend stealth..."

"Find out what's going on in their village and then get out there. Any questions?"

herself

Post by herself »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:22 am
Otis makes his way down the dock and finds Sack, the fisherman. He gratefully accepts the 30 silver pieces and says that it will pay the funeral for the men plus provide some income for their widows. A tear comes to his eye, "That's a fine thing for you to do, lookin' after us common folk like you do. Much obliged, Sir Otis."

Otis also finds a black travelling cloak at a local tailor's shop. [It will cost Otis 3 silver pieces for this item, please deduct it and the 30sp from your treasure.]

+++++++++++++++++++
connivingsumo wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:52 pm
If available, Sammich would like to purchase:
+ A lock, or padlock, to practice with his Thieve's Tools.
+ 3 more pints of oil.
+ 7 additional days of rations.
+ An "upgraded" mess kit for cooking; I mean... you never know.
Sammich will easily find these items. The oil and the rations are no cost (from the quartermaster). The mess kit (cast iron skillet, small cookpot, utensils) will cost 5sp. Sammich is able to find an iron padlock with a key (5sp).

[So, Sammich should deduct a total of 10sp from his treasure.]

++++++++++++++++++++
The Quartermaster can provide up to one week of iron rations, rope, arrows, bolts, shields, oil, torches, lanterns. Just tell me what you have taken and then write in on your character sheet.
Susanna would like to stock up on rations and bolts, and she'd be happy to buy some other things that might help the group, like rope, oil, flint and steel, and torches...

Just to clarify, the quartermaster is selling these things?

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Erwin will replenish his rations and buy 3 flasks of oil before departing.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis takes in all the intel that the Captain provides, nodding grimly. He'll add some rations to his inventory, but otherwise has what he needs. Once that's done, he's ready to depart, carefully checking his gear and putting on is new cloak. "I don't like these guys already. Anybody who'd poke a mans eye out with a knife is a bad sort. We better be careful."

Otis stands by as the group loads up, waiting to board. He'll make small talk with the soldiers as he waits.