Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

A Whitebox: Fantastic Medieval Adventure Game Sandbox
greyarea

Re: Chapter 10 ~ Into the Fish Marches

Post by greyarea »

Do we wait for them to arrive and make a stand, hisses Fungo, or do we brave the dark below? Find me a serving platter and I will fight, but the dark is my friend. I say we enter this place and hide...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis nods in agreement. "Yeah, lets go in, we can't take on all them fellas, and we got two of em' so maybe they can answer some questions about what's goin' on. We still need to make it back so the captain's men can pick us up."

OOC: Are we very far from our pickup point? It sounds like we have a good vantage point here. Lets quickly assess how defensible this place is, and hide in case anyone checks this out.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Agreed, let's go inside and hide until it's all clear.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo leads the way

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo lights a torch and moves down a stone stairway to a stone door. The door is carved with strange pictographs and symbols older than any the hobbit has ever seen. The hobbit looks the doorway over carefully for traps and finds nothing. Giving it a tentative push, Fungo is surprised at how easily the stone door pivots open.

Within is a square chamber filled with more pictographs. Three other doors are in this room. The east door has a symbol of the rising sun. The west door has a symbol of the moon. The north door has symbols of a constellation of stars.

The room has a row of clay vessels around the perimeter. They all are sealed. Various markings are on many of them, others are plain.

Actions?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fungo examines the pots briefly, to see if he can make out any markings. Failing that, he will point at the "sun" door, suggesting they go that-a-way.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis glances back at the stairs and says "Should we keep a watch to see if those guys out there come here? And maybe we should block the main door or somethin'.

OOC: I'd hate to find something in here wanting to kill us and then those clowns topside come down here too. I think we need to make sure the people searching for us don't think we're down here, then we can search this place and deal with the captives. We should get what info we can from them sooner rather than later...

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fungo looks at the clay pots. The markings are in a language unknown to him.

Otis watches carefully from the edge of the steps. He spies three or four small groups of warriors gathering at the base of the hill. They stop for a moment and look up at the pyramid. They begin to discuss something animatedly, then they move off towards the west, giving the hill a wide berth.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Otis - Fighter

Otis comes back to the others and says quietly “uhhhh, a bunch of them guys stopped down the hill then kept goin.’ They looked like they was scared of this place.”

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

:? Fungo says, Well, that's comforting. But as my Uncle Bungo always said, one hobbit's fear is another hobbit's treasure. Or something.

He will listen at the doors.

Let's hide in the place where they intend to sacrifice us to their elder gods. What a great plan! :? ;)