My greyhawkish house rules SnW Whitebox

Homebrew settings, house rules, adventures, maps, art
ratmanof

My greyhawkish house rules SnW Whitebox

Post by ratmanof »

Hey.

I thought for a while and finally decided to post my house rules here.

I enjoy SnW Whitebox but as I like to play (with my kids) many old modules from TSR I own, I wanted to add some Greyhawkish extras. Not too much to change the base book, but a little to bring back thieves and variable damage. Some extra spells to have a bit variety for my players as well. So for me it is a small 12 page extra booklet printed out and stapled to bring to my games.

As most OSR is OGL, i have re-used some things brighter minds have developed before me. Tweaked some of them for my liking. I hope I have mentioned these sources correctly in the Legal part.

Perhaps someone else would like to use this tiny extra booklet as well...

Any comments are welcome :)

[removed the original supplement and added 1.3 version with minor corrections, also added booklet cover file]
Attachments
Cover.pdf
(854.12 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
Ashenfalcon supplement 1.3.pdf
(179.6 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Last edited by ratmanof on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 5 times in total.

merias
Site Admin

Re: My greyhawkish house rules SnW Whitebox

Post by merias »

Thanks for posting this ratmanof. I like the Greyhawk additions, they make the game compatible with loads of post-greyhawk and B/X adventures essentially as-is with just a small supplement.

I would probably make a couple of minor changes - I would allow the spear and battle-axe to be used one- or two-handed (d6 or d8 damage for the spear, respectively, which can also be thrown for d6 damage, and maybe d8 or d10 damage respectively for the battle-axe). This allows the player to make a conscious trade-off between using a shield or getting the higher damage. But those are just my preferences.

Your OGL attribution seems fine to me, although you are missing a line at the very end noting your own work, that way others can use it under the OGL and attribute it the same way.

ratmanof

Post by ratmanof »

Thanks for the input. I made small corrections. Originally I tried to change the SnW:WB weapon descriptions at minimum (the flail seemed logical to diversify all the medium bludgeoning types a bit). The spear is now changed to 1d6/1d8*.

Added a small print to the end of Legal :)
Last edited by ratmanof on Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratmanof

Post by ratmanof »

Tinkered with a thief a bit more (only M-U scrolls to read, added option Thievery for All). Corrected some small errors.

ratmanof

Post by ratmanof »

Ok, final update:
* added cover for the booklet (separate file if You want to print it at all and perhaps on stronger paper);
* last spelling errors corrected (hopefully);
* added version number to pages.

Enjoy :)

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Cover looks great, thanks for the updates.