Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
connivingsumo

Re: Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:02 pm
jcftao wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:58 pm
Before we look at the older towers, I think giving this door a good listen is wise...and having Jahan make a quick peek up to one of the windows above, and perhaps a look at the top of this keep. It wouldn't take long for a climber like him.
Alphonse agrees, and he'll keep an eye on the windows and tops of the towers for any potential movement as Jahan checks it out.
Roikos also agrees with the group; he assists Alphonse with watching rooftops, windows (arrow slits), and outward around us.

He also slings his flail over his shoulder/neck and readies his sling.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Okay, if I understand correctly....

You all are staying at the Wizard's Tower.

Who is going to listen at the door? Miles heard nothing a few minutes ago.

Jahan has been conscripted as climber. Will Jahan try Climbing Sheer Surfaces (1-2 on d6), or will someone loan him a rope (and grappling hook?)?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:55 pm
Okay, if I understand correctly....

You all are staying at the Wizard's Tower.

Who is going to listen at the door? Miles heard nothing a few minutes ago.

Jahan has been conscripted as climber. Will Jahan try Climbing Sheer Surfaces (1-2 on d6), or will someone loan him a rope (and grappling hook?)?
Roikos will try to listen at the door.

I think setting up rope & hook will increase Jahan's chances of a successful climb, so that's my vote.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I have no rope nor hook.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 pm
I have no rope nor hook.
:problem: Before Roikos listens at the door, he hands people his rope & grappling hook. :lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:35 pm
jcftao wrote:
Thu Jun 03, 2021 9:04 pm
I have no rope nor hook.
:problem: Before Roikos listens at the door, he hands people his rope & grappling hook. :lol:
Good. Jahan tosses the grapple up to the crenulations of the roof....
Roll d20= 20!
and it hooks tightly up top!

As a thief, Jahan can easily climb the rope. Before you find out what he sees, I need to know two things:

Which face is Jahan climbing?

How far up is Jahan going? To a windowsill to peek in? Or up to the roof?

Roikos, on the other hand, presses his ear cloe to the door and listens carefully. He hears nothing.

Marc_the_Demonslayer

Post by Marc_the_Demonslayer »

Jahan will scale a face that allows him to look into one of the windows slits to see if he can see anything. He take a quick peek in from an angle rather than staring in head on. He will then proceed up to the top to see if there’s a way in.
"Chaos has plagued the world with Demons and monsters, but Law has written itself on the hearts and minds of Men."

-Mailk the Wise

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Wizard

Alphonse stands below nervously glancing about, keeping a watch for anyone peeking from windows or other locations.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Marc_the_Demonslayer wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:25 pm
Jahan will scale a face that allows him to look into one of the windows slits to see if he can see anything. He take a quick peek in from an angle rather than staring in head on. He will then proceed up to the top to see if there’s a way in.
I think I have now asked twice which face the group wants Jahan to scale, and no one answered the direct question. Ergo, I get to invoke the rule of "I shall roll randomly, and if you don't like the result, tough boogers!"

NSEW, roll on d4 = 1, North.

Jahan scales the north wall, over the door. As per player intent, he avoids the windows directly. When he reaches one of the sills, he stabilizes and peeks inside....
Immediately inside the window, Jahan sees a worktable laden with parchments. To his left, he sees some bookcases and a lectern, as well as a ladder leaning against the east wall under a trapdoor. To the right he sees some comfy chairs in front of a fireplace. Immediately across the room, through the windows beaming with sunlight from the south, he sees another table with several stools. In the southeast corner he sees a staircase coming up from below. Then, he is startled by movement from the shadows of the southwest corner, where he sees a large cage...and a big, hairy monster inside!
Ducking back quickly, Jahan ascends to the roof
...before the monster sees him! Atop the tower, he sees a chimney coming up in the northwest corner, and a trapdoor from below in the middle of the east wall.
OOC: I assume you all will read the spoilers, but no one but Jahan knows what he saw until the PC has time to tell the others.

Jahan is on the roof, and everyone else is keeping one eye on him and another eye on watch. What now?

Addendum: It is before noon, perhaps around 11 am. I have been remiss not to track time better.

Marc_the_Demonslayer

Post by Marc_the_Demonslayer »

Jahan will take a look around the roof of the tower for an entrance to the tower. He will try to signal down to the party to let them know the tower is occupied.
"Chaos has plagued the world with Demons and monsters, but Law has written itself on the hearts and minds of Men."

-Mailk the Wise