Character Generation

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
mythictom

Re: Character Generation

Post by mythictom »

mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:56 pm

Nobody knows the trouble Roikos has seen. Nobody knows Roikos' sorrow!

Which divinity have you chosen for Roikos? Since you mention potential healing, I suspect the Holy Saint or the Queen of Heaven....?

Also, where is the Cleric from....generally? In the city? Out of the city? Out of the country?
After some thinking, Mishakal strikes me as more a name associated with the Byzantians than the Kells.

So, Roikos is most likely of Byzantian ancestry, either an emigree himself, or the child or grandchild of immigrants. His extreme poverty makes me think that being a recent immigrant sounds best (your call). So, why might Roikos (or his family) leave the decaying empire for New Kell?

With regards to his faith, Roikos has discovered a small shrine devoted to Mishakal in the Portside District (where the PCs are now), and also knows of the larger Mission Church, Hospital, School, and Orphanage run by the local faith of Celestia the Blessed Mother, another well-known sect devoted to the Queen of Heaven. They all know one another, and there is not one iota of rivalry.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Marc_the_Demonslayer wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 9:39 pm
Name: Jahan
Sex/Race/Class/Level: Male/Human/Thief/Level 1
Experince points: 0
Alignment: Neutral
Vital stats: 20, 5'10", 150, dark brown hair, brown eyes, light tan skin

STR: 8
INT: 11
WIS 10
DEX 12
CON 11
CHA 8

WEALTH 40

Hit Dice: 1
Hit Points: 6
Saving throw: 14 (+2 vs traps)
Armor Class: # (armor, modifiers)

Weapons:

Equipment:

Languages:

Special abilities:
- Dodge personal attack,
- Evade area attack
- Thievery (1-2/6)

Luck: 3

Character blurb:
Good start. Wealth of 4. We're talking urchin-level poverty.

The basics...

Like everyone, Jahan gets a small pouch for money (40 gold pieces, probably in small change...) and a set of peasant's clothes (old, patched, and frayed, but clean!). And Thieves' Tools.

Jahan also has an old, patchworked leather jerkin (Leather Armor), an old dagger (still sharp!), a backpack, and a waterskin.

Once you get an inkling of a backstory, I can provide one piece of special equipment.

You can use the 40 starting gold to buy Jahan anything in the WBFMAG equipment list.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

By the way, thank you all for helping me refine the WEALTH rules for me. I may post them in the forum this weekend and will welcome any feedback!

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

And I have discovered a flaw to my wealth rules!!!

I forgot to give Jahan a set of thieves' tools. Thinking about that made me realize Alphonse got a spellbook for free, which was not my intention. So, now I am thinking that each class should get a freebie based on class!

So, here are the changes I am making....

Jahan gets Thief Tools for free, plus one item to come.

Alphonse adds a Spellbook to his equipment (rules to come).

Miles gets a new item- a Phylactery of Favor, which bears the symbol of a sword. Worn on the sword arm, the item allows Miles to temporarily swap his Favored Weapon to any sword for the duration of 1 battle per day.

Roikos gets another item to come.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Oh, Jahan has a picture! Cool.

I need a one sentence to one paragraph backstory.

Who is he?

Where's he from?

How'd he become a Thief?

Why might he be goin' adventurin'?

Marc_the_Demonslayer

Post by Marc_the_Demonslayer »

My character is ready to go. I gave myself some more gear. My pic is at the bottom for some reason - I can't seem to master the whole image hosting thing.
"Chaos has plagued the world with Demons and monsters, but Law has written itself on the hearts and minds of Men."

-Mailk the Wise

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

I looked to the pictures you chose for inspiration for additional items for Roikos and Jahan.

The red circle amulet over Roikos's heart:

A gift from his favorite uncle, a Cleric of the Holy Saint, Roikos has an Red Badge of the Wheel, which can protect him as if under a Protection from Chaos spell for 1 turn once per day.

An extra dagger for Jahan:

On a dare to prove his worth as a thief, Jahan successfully stole a dagger from an Elf. To his surprise, the odd dagger is a main-gauche, a parrying dagger that provides protection in melee combat, as well as providing a second attack. After some training, Jahan now gets a +1 bonus to AC in melee, and an extra attack with the parrying dagger at -2 to hit in same round.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 3:27 am
The red circle amulet over Roikos's heart:

A gift from his favorite uncle, a Cleric of the Holy Saint, Roikos has an Red Badge of the Wheel, which can protect him as if under a Protection from Chaos spell for 1 turn once per day.
WOOT WOOT! :mrgreen: