Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
connivingsumo

Re: Character Generation

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:12 am
badams30 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 am
FRED. I like it. You should make this deity something badass, and it has the voice of GIlbert Gottfried. It'd be so cool communing with him...
Don't you mean Gilbert GottFRED????
:lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!

Quick question to the DM ~ I am going with a Cleric and I think only Humans can be Clerics, so that's easy. I'm okay with using the 'average' stats, but I'm wondering if I were to use that 2nd set I posted from WotC online die roller and put the best stat in my Wisdom, would that benefit a healing spell to my companions at all?

If not, then I'll go with my (terrible, below average rolls - but average in WB) original rolls, but if it could benefit my team members with an additional HP or something, then I'll beg to use the 2nd set that has nice-and-worse rolls. :mrgreen:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 5:57 pm
mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:12 am
badams30 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 am
FRED. I like it. You should make this deity something badass, and it has the voice of GIlbert Gottfried. It'd be so cool communing with him...
Don't you mean Gilbert GottFRED????
:lol: :lol: :lol: GOOD ONE!

Quick question to the DM ~ I am going with a Cleric and I think only Humans can be Clerics, so that's easy. I'm okay with using the 'average' stats, but I'm wondering if I were to use that 2nd set I posted from WotC online die roller and put the best stat in my Wisdom, would that benefit a healing spell to my companions at all?

If not, then I'll go with my (terrible, below average rolls - but average in WB) original rolls, but if it could benefit my team members with an additional HP or something, then I'll beg to use the 2nd set that has nice-and-worse rolls. :mrgreen:
That is a REALLY good question. Rules-as-written suggest Wisdom recuces an opponent's saves, but I am going to rule "spell effectiveness" for healing spells adds +1 to each die rolled.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

connivingsumo wrote:

...but if it could benefit my team members with an additional HP or something, then I'll beg to use the 2nd set that has nice-and-worse rolls. :mrgreen:
That's called taking one for the team! :lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:43 pm
connivingsumo wrote:

...but if it could benefit my team members with an additional HP or something, then I'll beg to use the 2nd set that has nice-and-worse rolls. :mrgreen:
That's called taking one for the team! :lol:
Meh. 5, 7, 8, 10, 13 15, 16. Only the 5 gives a -1 penalty, and that might go to WEALTH (unless we have someone willing to give up a 16 for money and status).

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:25 pm
That is a REALLY good question. Rules-as-written suggest Wisdom reduces an opponent's saves, but I am going to rule "spell effectiveness" for healing spells adds +1 to each die rolled.
OK then Sir, that makes the (stat/rolls) decision for me. I'll be PO! But a good healy* guy. :mrgreen:

*except Brandon... @badams30 = no heals. :twisted:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Is that like that saying "All the feels?" I get NO the heals.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 6:25 pm
That is a REALLY good question. Rules-as-written suggest Wisdom reduces an opponent's saves, but I am going to rule "spell effectiveness" for healing spells adds +1 to each die rolled.
OK then Sir, that makes the (stat/rolls) decision for me. I'll be PO! But a good healy* guy. :mrgreen:

Nobody knows the trouble Roikos has seen. Nobody knows Roikos' sorrow!

Which divinity have you chosen for Roikos? Since you mention potential healing, I suspect the Holy Saint or the Queen of Heaven....?

Also, where is the Cleric from....generally? In the city? Out of the city? Out of the country?

Remember, I will give the character some starting equipment before you spend the 50 starting gold.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 pm
connivingsumo wrote:

Is that like that saying "All the feels?" I get NO the heals.
:lol: Even though you're really really really mean to me in your game, I'll still heal ya, buddy! :mrgreen:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:56 pm
Which divinity have you chosen for Roikos? Since you mention potential healing, I suspect the Holy Saint or the Queen of Heaven....?
You nailed it - right on the head - I'll be choosing the one that offers that bonus heal. ...and, I promise, to come up with a better deity than "Fred!" :ugeek:
mythictom wrote:
Also, where is the Cleric from....generally? In the city? Out of the city? Out of the country?
I read up on the game thread, but I didn't 'critically read' so I'll need to follow up on all of that. Being that I can only be Human that does narrow it, if just slightly, but I am really really really hoping to have the character done and in place by tonight! *fingers crossed*
mythictom wrote:
Remember, I will give the character some starting equipment before you spend the 50 starting gold.
Oh man, thank you for reminding me! I would've taken my PO-MONEH and spent it on items you may already grant! :shock: We don't want that. Seriously, thank you for that reminder. :mrgreen:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Hey! Roikos is actually wearing the symbol of "the Holy Saint"!!! Weird coincidence.

I actually love Mishakal. She was one of the prototypes I used for the Queen of Heaven, so good call! I found a symbol online that works.

Roikos has two special bits of equipment - an old, poorly repaired suit of chain mail and a vial of holy water.

Regular equipment includes a set of peasants clothes, a small belt pouch for coins, a backpack, a wooden holy symbol (see below), waterskin, healer's bag with bandages, and an old flail that actually used to be used on a farm before being upgraded to a weapon. Oh, and 50 gold pieces.

Here is Roikos' holy symbol, a maple teardrop infinity symbol stained blue.