I’m thinking he’s 18-21.

mythictom

Re: Character Generation

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:41 pm
I’m thinking he’s 18-21.
Okay, pick a number. ;-)

Also, Alphonse has five languages. His mentor was a sage, so choose any five (try to limit the really odd ones to 2).

Alphonse's regular equipment is a quarterstaff, a dagger, a dark colored robe, a billowy cloak, a small belt pouch for coins, a set of commoners clothes, a backpack, a waterskin, quill & ink, five sheets of parchment, and a waterproof scroll tube.

Alphonse's special equipment is a scroll of a 1st level spell (player choice), a hooded lantern with a Continual Light spell cast inside it, and your mentor's unfinished manuscript.

The special equipment was bequeathed by your mentor's widow. After her husband's death, she sold almost everything and moved in with a relative; her husband's reference books made quite a bit of money. No one bought his unfinished manuscript, so she thought you might want it as a keepsake.

You have discovered the book is filled with almost equal parts gibberish and brilliant bits of trivia. In game terms, once per day consulting the book acts like Contact Other Plane, for one question per MU level, as if asking 1 plane away for guidance; the question need not be a yes/no question.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

So we have a Wizard and a Fighter so far? Maybe I'll go Cleric or Thief. *still lots for me to read, however.

EDIT: Elf ~ I may go with Elf. Still reading on combat, armor, yadda yadda - but leaning toward Elf or Cleric

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 6:23 pm
So we have a Wizard and a Fighter so far? Maybe I'll go Cleric or Thief. *still lots for me to read, however.

EDIT: Elf ~ I may go with Elf. Still reading on combat, armor, yadda yadda - but leaning toward Elf or Cleric
Anything is fine.

Keep in mind Elf advancement is sssssslllloooooooowwwww, which is why I house ruled some situational goodies onto level one. One of which is an animal companion, so think of something city friendly you might like (or you can acquire someting in-game if you like).

If you like Cleric, look at the goodies under Religion for ideas. You can choose a real world deity, make up your own, or keep it generic, but those Twelve are the established types in the campaign. (The aligned deities can have worshippers one alignment step away.)

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:17 pm
If you like Cleric, look at the goodies under Religion for ideas. You can choose a real world deity, make up your own, or keep it generic, but those Twelve are the established types in the campaign. (The aligned deities can have worshippers one alignment step away.)
Nah, I was liking yours, actually, so if I go Cleric it'll be with something you wrote in the Religions thread. :thumbup:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:24 pm
mythictom wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 7:17 pm
Nah, I was liking yours, actually, so if I go Cleric it'll be with something you wrote in the Religions thread. :thumbup:
I mostly meant a name.

For instance, The Mistress of the Night might be Lilith or Hecate or a made-up name like Nocturna the Vampire Queen. Even Papa Legba would work.

Just letting you know there's flexibility within the boundaries I created for player creative input.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:41 pm
I mostly meant a name.
For instance, The Mistress of the Night might be Lilith or Hecate or a made-up name like Nocturna the Vampire Queen. Even Papa Legba would work.
Just letting you know there's flexibility within the boundaries I created for player creative input.
Oh crickey... yeah, that's just more time I don't have, so we'll call my Deity 'Fred' for now. I'll see what I can come up with, but I need to get a character rolled first.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

FRED. I like it. You should make this deity something badass, and it has the voice of GIlbert Gottfried. It'd be so cool communing with him...

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 am
FRED. I like it. You should make this deity something badass, and it has the voice of GIlbert Gottfried. It'd be so cool communing with him...
I like it, or Billy Crystal from Princess Bride... "Ah-Hah!... AH-HAH!"

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 1:32 am
Don't you mean Gilbert GottFRED????