OOC CHAT

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
connivingsumo

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by connivingsumo »

Umm... I'm going to go back and re-read all the posts since mine, because upon skimming... you're all nuts or know nothing about combat. :mrgreen:

BRB - critically reading posts.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

I guess it depends on what happens if the -4 is deployed and there's a miss. If there's some BS about stabbing Roikos *Oops! then that's where my problem lies.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm
I don't think it is unreasonable given the close proximity of Roikos to the gorilla. I'm thinking the called shot means taking extra care not to skewer your teammate.
Taking "extra care" does not equate to a -4 penalty - seriously? Another round, maybe, but not a penalty.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:45 pm
jcftao wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm
I don't think it is unreasonable given the close proximity of Roikos to the gorilla. I'm thinking the called shot means taking extra care not to skewer your teammate.
With no training, and even very little skill, I can place a stabbing-blade in a pretty small area.
mythictom wrote:
Said teammate was also providing cover against any attack, [...].
Reluctantly at best. I'm fighting with the damn thing, so saying I'm cover - for melee - is crazy. Ranged attack? Sure.
mythictom wrote:
My general rule was thus... A successful hit was going to be successful, disregarding cover. A miss was going to potentially hit the cover, thus the roll to hit shieldless AC.
"hit the cover." No. I mean... you're the DM so I'm going to comply - with a smile - on whatever your decision is, but you asked and - no. There's no way - short of rolling a 1 - that I would stab my friend on MY side of the cage and completely miss an entire effing Gorilla! :lol:
mythictom wrote:
As I said, it can also serve as a means for disarming too...a called shot to the sword hand!
This makes sense. That's a hard melee shot to make most of the time.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

So, in general for "called shots" (that are actually called shots) I have no problem with a -4 penalty.

The examples given here for this scenario don't even compute. :crazy: But - I'm good with whatever; I mean, I was asked and I spoke, so that's all I need to be happy. :)

I'm good to re-roll, should it come to that, just add "Jr." on the back of my character's name and I'm good to go! :thumbup:

Maybe a better description of the dimensions of the cage, which sides of the cage are available to Miles, explaining how - exactly - a Gorilla could hide behind a one-handed grapple so as to be 3/4 cover, etc. because I think the real issue isn't if there's a -4 penalty, or if a miss means Roikos is auto-hit, etc. I think the real problem is my visual idea of a Gorilla in a cage isn't lining up with the DM's (or John's) visual of a Gorilla in a cage? :think:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Thank you for that longwinded lecture, connivingsumo.

Since you are interested in starting a 5e game, here's a link to 5e's rules regarding "cover," which are the distillation of rules that began to be formed in 0e through AD&D, 2e, and 3e.

If you intend to DM, I'd advise a bit more careful reading.

https://5e.d20srd.org/srd/combat/Cover.htm

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 am

Since you are interested in starting a 5e game, here's a link to 5e's rules regarding "cover," which are the distillation of rules that began to be formed in 0e through AD&D, 2e, and 3e.

yikes

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:35 am
mythictom wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:17 am

yikes
That's what I say every time you post a threadcrap.

Guys, fun game while it lasted, but I am too old to deal with other people's quirky foibles .

A future roleplaying suggestion: Don't handfeed a caged gorilla that is obviously "going ape."

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Wow that escalated quickly. I don't think further replies will serve any purpose at this point, so I'm going to archive the game.