OOC CHAT

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
mythictom

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by mythictom »

New player has expressed interest.

We will continue as planned and I will insert the new character when ready.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Has anyone had trouble posting here?

The new player had an issue (hopefully solved), but while troubleshooting merias found all the permissions had been changed!

Everything should be fixed now.....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

mythictom wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:33 am

The new player had an issue (hopefully solved), but while troubleshooting merias found all the permissions had been changed!

I don't recall any trouble posting here.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Wed May 26, 2021 1:33 am

No issues on my side.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

None here either

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

NEW RULE DISCUSSION

Let's make a Called Shot rule - weapons can be used to hit a specific spot, or (in this case) fire into combat, without the attack going wild and hitting someone else. A Called Shot is made at -4 to hit. This will be a de facto Disarm rule also.

Any feedback?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

In all of the games I've played in (and have run) the PCs have to weigh the chance of hitting the enemy or accidentally hitting their comrades...and they usually take the chance! :lol:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:06 am
NEW RULE DISCUSSION

Let's make a Called Shot rule - weapons can be used to hit a specific spot, or (in this case) fire into combat, without the attack going wild and hitting someone else. A Called Shot is made at -4 to hit. This will be a de facto Disarm rule also.

Any feedback?
A Gorilla up against a cage with ONE arm out the cage wrapped around a Human's arm/neck/chest... -4 seems a pretty harsh To-Hit to shove a sword through the cage.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

I don't think it is unreasonable given the close proximity of Roikos to the gorilla. I'm thinking the called shot means taking extra care not to skewer your teammate.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:26 pm
I don't think it is unreasonable given the close proximity of Roikos to the gorilla. I'm thinking the called shot means taking extra care not to skewer your teammate.
Said teammate was also providing cover against any attack, which means the gorilla had perhaps 3/4 chance of NOT being hit at all.

My general rule was thus... A successful hit was going to be successful, disregarding cover. A miss was going to potentially hit the cover, thus the roll to hit shieldless AC.

But, to keep from accidentally skewering a buddy, I think a Called Shot rule is worth considering. As I said, it can also serve as a means for disarming too...a called shot to the sword hand!