OOC CHAT

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
mythictom

Re: OOC CHAT

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:12 pm
@badams, wouldn't Alphonse get 6 hp? I believe magic users start with d6 for hit dice in WBFMAG.
I fixed up a few things on the character pages. If I made any mistakes, just fix them. Keep in mind WEALTH is kind of like a seventh stat, so I preserved the original score.

Also, don't think Alphonse spent any starting gold....

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@Tom, nice NPCs! Barney and Fred! :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I'm okay with Barney and Fred. Better than Beavis and Butthead....

Alphonse is going to hold on to his coin for now - maybe to hire some folks or to buy something once he knows exactly where he'll be going....
We could use some extra sword hands and maybe a priest. Once we find out what's going on we can find the appropriate help...

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:42 pm
I'm okay with Barney and Fred. Better than Beavis and Butthead....

Alphonse is going to hold on to his coin for now - maybe to hire some folks or to buy something once he knows exactly where he'll be going....
We could use some extra sword hands and maybe a priest. Once we find out what's going on we can find the appropriate help...
I have added connivingsumo to the group, but I going to slow the plot a bit until the new character is close to ready to join.

Keep going along with prep and background though! If you start heading into a place I am not ready for yet, I'll toss in a distraction. I still have some rumors I rolled up for you to unveil too. Just know that if it feels like the plot's dragging, right now it's intentional.

But, hey! Those urchins were totally unplanned! I look forward to more of that!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Those urchins will be part of the Bakers Street Irregulars!

I'll start my vast criminal empire on this spot.......X

:lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 7:12 pm
Those urchins will be part of the Bakers Street Irregulars!

I'll start my vast criminal empire on this spot.......X

:lol:
With a Charisma of 9. :twisted:

Okay, so it won't be an actual empire...how about a criminal block? :D

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:55 pm
jcftao wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:46 pm
Any advice on rolling hit points? I got a one on my roll...really happy with that, just asking for a friend. :lol:
I played in a pretty hard core draconian PbP on Dragonsfoot once, and the GM had everyone using a die roller, no re-rolls, accept what you got, and we had this wizard with 1 HP, and no CON bonus. GM was like "NO REROLLS! ROLEPLAY THE GUY!" And the fella with the 1 HP character played him, and that dude was like TEFLON. We'd be in these unwinnable situations, everyone would be getting beat up and that guy just had the luckiest rolls. He made it to like 4th level before the game folded, and I think even at 4th he only had like 6 or 7 HP. Dude was a disaster, but the guy played him to perfection.
Over at Myth-Weavers, they have a built-in die-roller that links to your post, so it makes cheating more difficult, and if you edit your in bracket [] text it flags it to everyone to show potential cheating, which was frustrating because if you even just changed the text to fix a typo (not changing the numbers) it flagged you as a potential cheat. :problem:

On one hand, I like that because people's stats amazingly - suddenly - become more believable; however, for me - being the awesome frigging roller that I am - I hated it because my rolls are a statistical anomaly... in the terrible direction! :lol:

Using the old AD&D system, I rolled up a level 7 Human Thief. My stat rolls were terrible, so I put the best one (a modifier of +2) in Dex, and the next best stat into Con, which ended up being +1. All other stats were either 0s or -1, and I think I even had a -2. I got max HPs for the first level, so that gave me 6, but then I needed to roll a d6 for six more levels. No kidding, they were: 1, 1, 3, 2, 1, 1, so my level 7 Thief had 6+9+7, for a total of 22 HPs. Great for a Wizard, but terrible for a level 7 Thief! :yawn: I think 7 is the average on 2d6, so I should've came out with around 34 HPs! :shock:

I think playing a Wizard in your game would be interesting, but Elf & Cleric sound pretty cool, too. So I'm going to revisit the WB book I have, plus reread your house-rules, and then get something rolled up. I'll use the Wizards of the Coast online die roller... it seems to hate me slightly less than other online die rollers. :lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 8:47 pm
I think playing a Wizard in your game would be interesting, but Elf & Cleric sound pretty cool, too. So I'm going to revisit the WB book I have, plus reread your house-rules, and then get something rolled up. I'll use the Wizards of the Coast online die roller... it seems to hate me slightly less than other online die rollers. :lol:
I love the Wizards roller! I find I always get a good range of low to high, which is unlike the consistenly crappy rolls I get on actual dice.

And again...any class is fine. I have potential NPCs in the pipeline to help if needed.

Hiring meatshields has already been discussed....

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Seriously... :evil:

Please provide the rules for a peasant/villager... think I'll skip rolling up a character.

2nd Attempt...
Roll(3d6)+0:
4,2,2,+0
Total:8

Roll(3d6)+0:
6,3,6,+0
Total:15

Roll(3d6)+0:
1,3,6,+0
Total:10

Roll(3d6)+0:
4,4,5,+0
Total:13

Roll(3d6)+0:
3,2,2,+0
Total:7

Roll(3d6)+0:
6,4,6,+0
Total:16

Roll(3d6)+0:
2,2,1,+0
Total:5

NOTES
-------------------------
This field records your latest roll at its top.

Modified results that would produce a number less than one display as one.
Last edited by connivingsumo on Tue May 11, 2021 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 12:25 am
Seriously... :evil:

Please provide the rules for a peasant/villager... think I'll skip rolling up a character.
Just be totally average. Like Miles.

Who is still too good to be hired by the Mook Squad.