Part One - The Spotted Dragon

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
jcftao

Re: The Spotted Dragon

Post by jcftao »

"Well, that doesn't sound good at all. I'm not particularly fond of any dark creature being freed to sup...so let's make a pact. You don't go breaking any cups while we look around and I won't either! Okay?"

"Now come on with you, let's take a stroll down by the Old Blight. Maybe we can watch the place from a distance today until it gets dark. Perhaps that "wizard" that no one likes will stick his head out."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Miles steps outside the Spotted Dragon and looks for any sign of those "creepy" kids.

If he sees nothing out of the ordinary, he will check the street for any of the local kids. Miles wants to hire some "eyes" on the street. In particular, he wants information on this supposed "wizard" that shows up at Freddy's bakery once a week. If he can get any info from the kids, he'll give them 5 copper coins and a promised to match that if they can let him know when the wizard is out on the street again.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

The only kids Miles sees are two grubby, little urchins leaning against an alley-side wall off the main street.

He walks over and offers them candy asks if they know anything about the wizard on the hill and his propensity for baked goods. After giving Miles some grief, they seem more amenable after he gives the five copper coins.

They don't know the man on the hill, but will watch the hill and the bakery for Miles. In fact, they will go there right now and spend the coins to buy something to eat.

You tell them you're staying at The Spotted Dragon, and they look at one another and smirk.

"Tell Roger that Pip and Connor say 'Hi,'" they laugh before running off.

(Miles now has two hirelings.)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Aspiring Wizard

Alphonse watches in fascination as Miles works his magic on his new henchmen. "Seems you have some loyal men at your disposal now. Hopefully they'll uncover some useful information." Alphonse makes sure all his gear is secure and says "I'm up for a stroll toward to wherever you wish. And allow me to return the favor of dinner later. By the way, if we're going to be poking around up on Blight, we might want to find some skilled folks to join us. I'll be honest with you, aside from some short trips here and there, I've been in this city my whole life. I'm not what you'd call an outdoorsman, so my camping and adventuring skills are short."

OOC: Alphonse will accompany Miles wherever he goes.
Alphonse has some coins left, but has been holding out on buying anything till he learns where he'll be going. So for now he'll hold on to the coin he has.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 6:39 pm
Alphonse - Aspiring Wizard

Alphonse watches in fascination as Miles works his magic on his new henchmen. "Seems you have some loyal men at your disposal now. Hopefully they'll uncover some useful information." Alphonse makes sure all his gear is secure and says "I'm up for a stroll toward to wherever you wish. And allow me to return the favor of dinner later. By the way, if we're going to be poking around up on Blight, we might want to find some skilled folks to join us. I'll be honest with you, aside from some short trips here and there, I've been in this city my whole life. I'm not what you'd call an outdoorsman, so my camping and adventuring skills are short."

OOC: Alphonse will accompany Miles wherever he goes.
Alphonse has some coins left, but has been holding out on buying anything till he learns where he'll be going. So for now he'll hold on to the coin he has.
"Skilled folks"...

After saying those words, Alphonse remembers hearing about Kilkenny's House of Merceneries! Apparently, you can go there to hire men-at-arms, guards, and other sorts of low-skilled warrior types. The society's guildhouse is down near the docks and warehouses.

Miles went there for work, but was turned away for being a veteran. At this time, few mercs were being hired onto ships and caravans leaving Mirabilis. He was told to come back in a few weeks, when a shortage was expected.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

It's hard to believe that Miles would be over qualified! :lol:

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:03 pm
It's hard to believe that Miles would be over qualified! :lol:
I was tempted to call it Mooks-R-Us.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

The following morning, Miles and Alphonse meet downstairs for a hearty breakfast of oatmeal and bacon.

As Miles finishes up, he he sees a head pop up to look into the window of the inn. It's the taller urchin. Upon locking eyes, Miles sees a face full of thunder as the boy comes tearing into the tavern room.

"You scuzzy rat-fink!" the urchin yells at Miles. "Pip was spyin' for you last night and he never came home! No one has seen him since after nightfall!"

The boy throws a dirty cap in Miles' face. "That's all we found of him, you nasty ole perv! What kinda creep did you have us lookin' for?!"

Connor spits at Miles and runs out when he sees some of the adults looking at him with concern.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Magic User

Alphonse stares wide-eyed at the urchin as he flees, then he manages a weak smile as the patrons glance our way. He whispers "That was odd. I wonder what that was about? Do you suppose we should find out what he's ranting about?

OOC: Alphonse will give chase if Miles chooses to follow the kid, otherwise Alphonse will sit and finish his breakfast, slightly indifferent to the whole scene.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"We're not going to catch him. If his friend is in trouble, we'll just need to go sort it out. Now we've got a reason to find this so-called "wizard" and ask him about Pip."

Miles stares the other bar-flies down. If anyone else wants to call him names, he's in no mood to hear it.

"Alphones, let's go and see if this wizard is home. If he does have PIp, he'll wish this day never happened..."

Miles grabs his gear, what little there is and strides out the door.