Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
jcftao

Re: Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by jcftao »

Miles will pull up the rope but leave it attached to the crenellation.

He draws his sword and stands near the trapdoor. "Jahan, do you think you could listen to this door and then get it open?"

Marc_the_Demonslayer

Post by Marc_the_Demonslayer »

Jahan will stoop down and listen at the trap door and see if he hears something moving.
"Chaos has plagued the world with Demons and monsters, but Law has written itself on the hearts and minds of Men."

-Mailk the Wise

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Marc_the_Demonslayer wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:17 pm
Jahan will stoop down and listen at the trap door and see if he hears something moving.
Jahan leans down, and bends his ear toward the trapdoor....
Thievery roll: d20= Hahaha....like I'm gonna tell you!
He hears nothing.

What else is everyone doing?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

If Jahan hears nothing, MIles will test the trapdoor to see if it is barred. If it is not, he will wait for the others to get ready...then pull it open.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Wizard

Alphonse will keep watch as the others investigate the way down.

OOC: We did retrieve the hook and rope, right? If not, he'll do that. Don't want to leave that out...

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Roikos Therapeftís

Roikos understands he may be better armored than some, "I don't mind going down first or second, if it helps or makes more sense." he says as he nods in appreciation to Alphonse & Miles for gathering up his rope & hook, which EDIT: he leaves the hook in place, but coils the rope on the deck next to the embattlement/top of the tower.

Spells per day:
- Light once per day
- Cure Light Wounds once per day
- Amulet, Protection from Chaos (as spell) for 1 turn once per day.
Last edited by connivingsumo on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Miles reaches down to test the trapdoor, and it opens easily. He can see sunlight beaming into the room below through the southern-facing windows.

There is a ladder leading down into the tower.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Roikos Therapeftís
mythictom wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:45 am
Miles reaches down to test the trapdoor, and it opens easily. He can see sunlight beaming into the room below through the southern-facing windows.

There is a ladder leading down into the tower.
The Cleric lays on his belly and dips his head over the edge to get a better view of the inside of the newly revealed room. He then looks intently at the integrity of the ladder, and also views the new room full circle, 360.

If all is clear, he heads down the latter! As he descends, "I don't scream, so if you hear me scream, RUN!" he says to his companions, in all seriousness, as he nods to the neat coil of rope with the hook still attached to the tower.

Player > DM: I edited my previous post to not put the rope & hook back in my bag; in fact, he coiled the rope neatly and left the hook in place for a quick get-a-way, if needed.

Spells per day:
- Light once per day
- Cure Light Wounds once per day
- Amulet, Protection from Chaos (as spell) for 1 turn once per day.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:43 pm

The Cleric lays on his belly and dips his head over the edge to get a better view of the inside of the newly revealed room. He then looks intently at the integrity of the ladder, and also views the new room full circle, 360.
As Roikos dips his head into the trapdoor opening, he sees....
to the north is a worktable laden with parchments. In the northwet corner, he sees some bookcases and a lectern, just next to the ladder leaning against the east wall under the trapdoor. To the northwest he sees some comfy chairs in front of a fireplace. Immediately across the room, through the windows beaming with sunlight from the south, he sees another table with several stools. In the southeast corner he sees a staircase coming up from below. Then, he is startled by movement from the shadows of the southwest corner, where he sees a large cage...and a big, hairy monster inside! And the monster saw you! And is starting to grunt and hoot at you!!!!
The group hears a grunting and hooting sound coming from the room below.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

If Miles can see the creature, he will suggest throwing it some rations. [Miles has a week of standard rations]
"Maybe some food will get it to shut up?"