Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
mythictom

Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by mythictom »

The newfounded trio of companions set off up the Old Blight along a path that cuts from the edge of the cemetery's southwestern corner around the hill counterclockwise to the north. At the top, they find themselves on a plateau facing south. Stretched before them are the scattered remains of a flattened castle. The onlystructures visible are the remnants of a stone gatehouse and a square stone tower of newish construction beyond it.

The path followed from below passes between the lower levels of twin towers that (apparently) used to flank the front gate. Stones and weeds surround the two structures, preventing easy bypass except via the ten foot wide trail leading to the tower.

The morning shower has ceased, and the sun is breaking through the clouds. A good omen?

jcftao

Re: On Top of Old Blight

Post by jcftao »

Miles looks towards the path between the two towers, "I'll be damned if I walk through that. The gods only know what is hiding in the gatehouse, waiting to kill us?"

"Let's see if there is another way around the gatehouse, maybe a path through the rubble? We could circle around and look for a way. What say you, gentlemen?"

connivingsumo

Re: Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by connivingsumo »

Roikos Therapeftís

Roikos agrees; he unslings his shield and readies his flail.

Spells per day:
- Light once per day
- Cure Light Wounds once per day

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse nods approval and grips his staff tightly, following his colleagues.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

You are on the top of the hill, at the head of the trail leading between the two ruined towers to the new tower beyond.

To the right (the west) is barren scrubland littered with rubble and boulders. To the left (the east) is barren scrubland littered with rubble and boulders. Bleak in both directions.

You do notice it seems that, for a long-abandoned hilltop, not much is growing here. It's a nice boulder farm though!

You can go left (east), right (west), or straight (south). Or surprise me.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Miles takes a keen look at the gatehouse. Looking to see if the the top is still intact and also looking for signs of watchmen.

OOC--if they were to go to the left, could they bypass the guardhouse and continue to the tower?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 1:30 am
Miles takes a keen look at the gatehouse. Looking to see if the the top is still intact and also looking for signs of watchmen.

OOC--if they were to go to the left, could they bypass the guardhouse and continue to the tower?
You are less than 100 feet from the structure, which is at least 250 feet from east to west. Each tower is about 75 feet wide, with only the lower level intact. The gate house is a shattered mass of rubble, almost 100 feet wide, stretching from tower to tower. Only the 10 foot wide trail running through the center is clear.

There are no windows in the towers (these were the bottom floors), and you spot no movement either amongst the gatehouse ruins or atop the towers (which look to be about 8 to 10 feet tall).

If you go around the east tower, you will have to carefully navigate around the detritus. Doable, if done carefully.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Miles speaks softly to his companions, "Let me take a look in the scrub to the east. I'll scout it out and wave you to follow if it is clear. I don't trust the path before us."

Miles sheathes his sword and readies his longbow, knocking and arrow. He moves slowly and cautiously to the east, into the scrub.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Miles creeps cautiously around the east tower. In his path he encounters, rocks, boulders, and pebbles (Oh my!), but sees nothing as he scrambles through the debris. The eastern side of the tower also has no windows.

Questions for Miles - How far will he range to the east? Will he skirt the tower (like within 3 to 5 feet)? Or will he go out about 50 feet (which is about as far as he can go before falling off a cliff)? Also, barring an unforeseen circumstance, what is his destination before stopping?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Alphonse - Wizard

Alphonse will keep a watchful eye on the tower and surroundings as Miles creeps around. He says quietly to Roikos "The wizard who supposedly dwells here is someone of ill repute. My old master was sure of it."

He impatiently waits for Miles' return...