Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Mythictom's WB FMAG Game
jcftao

Re: Part Two - On Top of Old Blight

Post by jcftao »

Miles will try to stay a dozen feet or so from the cliff edge and work his way carefully around. If he can see the newer tower, he'll study it as well.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

jcftao wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:16 am
Miles will try to stay a dozen feet or so from the cliff edge and work his way carefully around. If he can see the newer tower, he'll study it as well.
Miles carefully tries to skulk nimbly around the tower base, and only occasionally stumbles whilst doing so (DEX 8, dude). As he passes to the south, he can see the new tower more clearly, about 200 feet south. This other tower looks perhaps 25 feet tall, square, with what appears to be two floors. The bottom floor has a single door, and the upper floor has thin, arrowslit windows on the side Miles can see.

As Miles ranges farther east, toward the cliff, he can see the east side of the two-story tower better, and notes more arrowslit windows on the second floor. Looking east, Miles has an excellent view of Portside, the docks, and the nearly two dozen vessels arrayed throughout the bay. Looking north, he can see the neighborhood of Highcrest, where the nobility and landed gentry maintain their city residences, and the King's castle looming above all.

Miles is now about 100 feet from the new two-story tower and the ruined watch tower on the east of the gatehouse. The ruined tower has a trail branching from the main trail leading to a wooden door on its southern face. What will he do?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Miles will try to wave at his companions to follow him. Then he will move slowly to path that leads to the door in the old tower.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Sat May 22, 2021 2:53 am
Miles will try to wave at his companions to follow him. Then he will move slowly to path that leads to the door in the old tower.
Roikos sees Miles motioning and tries to quietly trot to catch up and follow the side/direction he's going.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

Roikos and Alphonse carefully step around the rocky terrain and meet Miles halfway along the way to the path to the door. They converge about twenty feet south of the door to ruined level of the watchtower.

Do they continue to the door? Or head to the two-story tower?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

mythictom wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Just so I'm clear, "door" is the 'doorway' where there once was a door, correct? This is all ruins, still.

But the tower has an actual door, however. Do I have my mind-theater correct?

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 10:43 pm
mythictom wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 8:26 pm
Just so I'm clear, "door" is the 'doorway' where there once was a door, correct? This is all ruins, still.

But the tower has an actual door, however. Do I have my mind-theater correct?
The ruins has a door. It's not as nice or sturdy as the standing tower, but it's a door.

:twisted:

Edited to add: it is clear the wizard built the two-story tower, so I will now call it The Wizard's Tower. The two guard towers are only one floor, but I will call them the West Tower and the East Tower.

The path leads between the West Tower and the East Tower and continues to the Wizard's Tower. Miles scampered off the path, east around the East Tower, and then had everyone follow (avoiding the central path). From inside the courtyard, everyone can see a wooden door on the inside of the East Tower, and a trail leading from the central path to each tower doorway. There does not appear to be a door standing in the West Tower's entryway.

The Wizard's Tower appears to be two stories, with a lone door at the end of the central path, and arrowslit windows on the second.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

so this door is likely to the ruined area that my mentor had mentioned in his notes, I'm assuming...

Alphonse will cautiously follow Roikos as we proceed. If the door is the one to the ruins, Alphonse will tell both his colleagues.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 2:08 am
so this door is likely to the ruined area that my mentor had mentioned in his notes, I'm assuming...

Alphonse will cautiously follow Roikos as we proceed. If the door is the one to the ruins, Alphonse will tell both his colleagues.
The three men are standing on the bones of a ruined castle. They can see stone and rocks of all sizes that are what remains. The debris is every where on the plateau, except a few feet around the Wizard's Tower, which is new construction, and what might have been a staging area for the construction crew in front of it.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Miles turns to Alphonse, "Did your master tell you about this gatehouse?"