B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

greyarea

Re: B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Post by greyarea »

I’m in a new Roll20 game with merias, jcftao, and others. Doug is having us map it ourselves (as an experiment, I think). It’s been an interesting experience so far. Certainly not the same as graph paper and pencils.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk is down to 3 hit points, so like a barbarian, he will ATTACK!!!!!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 pm
I’m in a new Roll20 game with merias, jcftao, and others. Doug is having us map it ourselves (as an experiment, I think). It’s been an interesting experience so far. Certainly not the same as graph paper and pencils.
I tried having the players map one pBp I ran, but it was so difficult I gave up. They tried, but something was lost in translation (probably the GM was a dope) but I gave up.

The way this is going, our new PCs can avenge us when they get here.....

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:49 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:22 pm
greyarea wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:08 pm
Sorry about the delay.
I was about to leave ya a skellie :mrgreen: but I didn't want to raz you like I do badams.
I totally would have deserved it. Maybe not as much as Badams but I would have deserved it nonetheless. :mrgreen:
I feel you're right about that! No one deserves it better than Mr. Badams!! :lol: But his Argyrion game has been going good and strong, so kudos to him.
tumblingdice wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:50 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:25 pm
tumblingdice wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2024 2:11 pm
So, who's gonna be our mapper? ;)
Sorry, tumblingdice! I started a response, but must not have hit 'send/post'! :shock: One of Slip's side gigs is cartography, and I think she has the gear to keep/maintain a map, so she's happy to do so.
However, I'm not sure my digital mapping skills are up to par, so we likely have to rely on greyarea for the actual map! :mrgreen:
Yeah, not much need for mapping in the online world. Alas. First penmanship. Then woodshop. Now mapping.
hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Round 2

Initiative - party 5, troglodytes 1

Bert attacks the Trog before him. (d20=15, dmg 4) bashing its head in.

Slip sees her opportunity to backstab the chieftain, deciding to take it before it slips away... (d20=20 CRIT, dmg d6x2x2=24). The troglodytes are leaderless. Wow, second crit backstab for slip!

Tor (d20+2=17, dmg 10+2=12) skewers his foe, driving the great sword in like a kabob. A really stinky kabob.

Fauk... is out of foes. He kicks the chieftain in defiance anyway.

Trebb (d20=6) dies.

The troglodytes are defeated.

This larger half of the cave is lit by three large braziers. There is a table partly covered by a dirty tablecloth that reaches the cave floor. There are also some padded furnishings, broken and very dirty but usable, like a college dorm room might have.

And there is a large statue on the west side of the room: a human in armor wielding a sword, holding it above his head in a victory pose. The trogs are ignoring the statue.

There is a door to the south. It is covered with boards hammered into it (like an abandoned building’s door) and a heavy chain across it. Looks like they are trying to keep something out.

Actions?

Sorry about the delay. No excuse, just a bad DM.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk looks at the slain Trebbelos, "We're gonna need a new wizard..."

He will bind his wounds and begin searching the trogs and looking for valuables in the room.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert heads over to the fallen wizard, checking to see if there's anything he can do. Assuming that he's dead, Bert will solemnly administer last rites to him and get him ready to be moved from this filthy chamber. "

OOC: Trogs dead - YAY! Treb dead - BOO. We should probably loot this dump and then go get our reward and rest, don't want to press our luck being all banged up and whatnot.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip

Slip uses Trog clothing to clean her filthy blade. She thinks to tend to Trebb, but after watching her companion(s) knows it's futile. She investigates the boarded and chained door looking for signs, sounds, smells, etc. for what might be behind it.

I think we were in a Roll20 game once; do you remember how terrible my rolls were? Two backstab Crits is AWESOME!!

PS. I love your skellie! I stole it. :mrgreen:

Scout, Tinkerer, and Cartographer
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 5
+ AC: 5
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Slip will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

Unbeknownst to the group, Slip 'keeping watch' meant "peek ahead." Just as the party is about to brashly charge into the next chamber, she reports her findings...