Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

jcftao

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Post by jcftao »

Gen Con was really a great time!
I sat in on a panel discussion featuring Professor Dungeonmaster, Ben Milton (Questing Beast), and Baron de Ropp (Dungeon Masterpiece).
Played a few games (Star Trek Adventures (2d20), Cypher System, The Black Flag rpg (from Kobold Press), and best of all I was able to run some late night games for friends using the Cairn RPG system and Tiny d6.

My son and daughter-in-law came along and had a wonderful time. They want to go back next year.

I bought some new dices, a few battle mats from Pathfinder, the Dungeon Alphabet book by Michael Curtis, and some indie developed games and adventures.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I’ve used the Dungeon Alphabet books in some of the games I’ve run.

Did Monte Cook run your Cypher System game?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2023 3:10 am
I’ve used the Dungeon Alphabet books in some of the games I’ve run.

Did Monte Cook run your Cypher System game?
Yeah, I've wanted to get this for some time now.

No, I saw neither hide nor hair of Mr. Cook (Monte, not Kevin)

All the illuminaries of the gaming world were sequestered in their ivory towers playing games with other high born personages.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Haven't been to a Gen Con in YEEEEARS. Very cool though.

Sorry to be sporadicly posting, I'm doing the beach thing with the family till Sunday.

Hey - should we do a treasure/spoils thread to put the loot in? Bert is carrying the 15EP from the gnoll kitchen.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2023 1:13 am
Hey - should we do a treasure/spoils thread to put the loot in? Bert is carrying the 15EP from the gnoll kitchen.
Bert WAS carrying the 15EP from the Gnoll kitchen, but Slip relieved him of those coins long ago. :mrgreen:

I kid - I kid.

I've never been to any GenCon, so I'm pretty jealous of y'all. :oops:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Hey guys, as a bunch of old schoolers, I thought you'd appreciate this. A group was using the library auditorium tonight to show a film, and the remote for the ceiling-mounted projector stopped working after I turned it on. Corroded batteries, and fresh batteries didn't solve the problem. I was able to set up a substitute portable projector and sound system on a table, but how to turn off the ceiling mounted projector without the remote? How could I reach the power button?

Ten foot pole to the rescue! We have one kicking around on the main floor, that custodians sometimes use to open and close the transoms above the doors and windows, or change the hands on the clock high up on the wall in the rotunda.

Grateful to have had one on hand. No way I'd want to carry one around with me in a dungeon, however.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

:lol: :lol: Love it!!!

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:30 pm
Hey guys, as a bunch of old schoolers, I thought you'd appreciate this. A group was using the library auditorium tonight to show a film, and the remote for the ceiling-mounted projector stopped working after I turned it on. Corroded batteries, and fresh batteries didn't solve the problem. I was able to set up a substitute portable projector and sound system on a table, but how to turn off the ceiling mounted projector without the remote? How could I reach the power button?

Ten foot pole to the rescue! We have one kicking around on the main floor, that custodians sometimes use to open and close the transoms above the doors and windows, or change the hands on the clock high up on the wall in the rotunda.

Grateful to have had one on hand. No way I'd want to carry one around with me in a dungeon, however.
Ok, two things:
  • 1. I love that you have Transoms, and actually use them!
    2. That's awesome you used a 10' pole, successfully, in real life!
greyarea wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2023 11:35 pm
:lol: :lol: Love it!!!
AGREED!! :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Ironic to think that old technology triumphs over new technology.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:41 am
Ironic to think that old technology triumphs over new technology.
Right? But I keep finding circumstances where this is true. :eh: It kind of concerns me, actually. :wtf: