Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

connivingsumo

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:05 am
I'll post some more info--on the adventure, not my hair--as soon as Rik corrects the XP total for Slip... <foot tapping, trying to suppress grin>
Oh my! I just cannot believe you would punish the group for my shenanigans! I'll go correct it straight away!! :mrgreen:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

On a more serious note, I believe you said for me to go ahead w/my LL equipment prices and we would adjust where necessary?

I also still have my Basic book (up stairs), so I'll use that and try to tweak the prices on my own before bugging you. :crazy:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Rik, I'm going to send you a couple of pages from Moldvay (thief's abilities, saving throws, equipment and encumbrance). Since I'm not copying the entire work, I'm hoping it counts as fair use. :)

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Hey - since this is "OOC" chat - I assume I can be "off topic" here? This question goes out to Steve, Brandon, John, or Tom since y'all (presumably) know the moderate/forums here better than I.

Can I start a 5e "intro" game here, or is it strictly "old school"?

If so, any of you interested in trying out 5e? Just checking the temp. :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

I'd love to play a 5e game, no matter where you end up hosting it. As soon as you put down that thermometer...

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:16 am
[...] As soon as you put down that thermometer...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

So can we do 5e here? I don't know the rules here, but I'll go read the main/home page. I'm browsing the main page and everything looks WB, LL, BECMI, etc. :problem:

I did pick up a license for Foundry VTT - so I can run the game there and you and the other grognards don't have to download any app to join the game; it's browser based and runs just like Roll20, as far as the end-user is concerned.

So if I can't run a PbP 5e game, we can always connect via a browser and chat via Discord (free app/download).
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Not sure. That'll be up to Doug (merias).

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:15 am
^^ edited ^^

It is called "Smoldering Wizard's Old-School Gaming Forums" after all so... though I haven't found any language specifically, it does seem to reason this is an 'old-school' only place.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

I'm in either way.

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:16 am
tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:15 am
^^ edited ^^

It is called "Smoldering Wizard's Old-School Gaming Forums" after all so... though I haven't found any language specifically, it does seem to reason this is an 'old-school' only place.
The question hasn't come up before now, but your assumption is correct, I'd like to keep the games and general subject matter to "old-school" only, which, in the case of D&D, in my mind covers AD&D 2e and prior, and related clones of said editions. Other genres are fine from the same time period. I should add something to the forum intro to cover this (edit: updated now).