Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Post by tumblingdice »

Slip needs to record his saving throws and buy some gear, or perhaps steal it, but otherwise it looks like everyone is ready to go. I've given you a very brief sketch of the City of Yarrik here in ooc chat. You'll learn a little more about the dungeon by talking to the locals. So I think we can jump right in to the obligatory tavern start.

Stand by...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I’m sure 5e would be fine over at Unseen Servant. There’s at least one game there.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:05 pm
Slip needs to record his saving throws and buy some gear, or perhaps steal it, but otherwise it looks like everyone is ready to go. I've given you a very brief sketch of the City of Yarrik here in ooc chat. You'll learn a little more about the dungeon by talking to the locals. So I think we can jump right in to the obligatory tavern start.

Stand by...
I'm going to work on that right now.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Other than actually writing out my backstory (DM approved) I think my character is done?

I wouldn't mind if you double checked my encumbrance and movement. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. :mrgreen:

Purchase Audit...
[bracket# = coin weight]

-20 Leather [200]
====
-25 Shortbow [30]
-5 Quiver 20 arrows
====
-7 Short Sword [30]
-6 Daggers (2) [20]
====
67 >>>>>>>>>>> [80]
-5 Backpack
-10 Lantern
-4 Flask of oil (2)
-1 Iron Spikes (12)
-5 Mirror
-1 Rope 50'
====
-1 Waterskin
====
-25 Thieves Tools
====
-3 Tinder Box
====
-5 Standard Rations, 1 person/1 week
====
-3 Large Sack & Small Sack
====
4gp
Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Rik, I added it up for you. You have 121,000 coin weight. So your movement is like 1in per day. Totally fine.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:35 pm
Rik, I added it up for you. You have 121,000 coin weight. So your movement is like 1in per day. Totally fine.
:lol: :lol: :lol: omg dude ~ you have this way of coming out of no where - on topics I would never expect - to say the funniest shsstuff! :D

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Rik, you've passed your equipment and encumbrance audit. The IRS will not be pounding on your door. This year...

Your thieves' abilities and XP needed for next level require some adjustment. XP needed for level 2 is 1200, not 1250. Check excerpt I sent you for thieves' abilities.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 2:32 am
Rik, you've passed your equipment and encumbrance audit. The IRS will not be pounding on your door. This year...

Your thieves' abilities and XP needed for next level require some adjustment. XP needed for level 2 is 1200, not 1250. Check excerpt I sent you for thieves' abilities.
I concede I missed the XP difference (woohoo!), but I already lowered all of my thieves' abilities? :?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:40 pm
tumblingdice wrote:

I concede I missed the XP difference (woohoo!), but I already lowered all of my thieves' abilities? :?
Well, that's disturbing. None of the changes I made (based on what you provided) were saved except the equipment. Well, I guess I'm glad it saved the equipment at least. :shifty:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:14 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:40 pm
tumblingdice wrote:

Well, that's disturbing. None of the changes I made (based on what you provided) were saved except the equipment. Well, I guess I'm glad it saved the equipment at least. :shifty:
What the hell? Now the equipment is gone. :evil: