Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Post by tumblingdice »

I got some bad news, guys. The pole is used for pulling down shades from tall windows, not opening and closing transoms. Apparently, we have a different pole for that. Live and learn.

The good news is that I got the projector remote working again. Speaking of old technology, you know how to a man with only a hammer, every problem looks like a nail? Well, to a technology librarian with a can of condensed air, every problem looks like dust. And a quick shot of air cleared away the corrosion from the battery contacts, and it's all back to normal. Even so, I'm going to see if I can order a spare remote, and my boss suggested we start storing our tech equipment (remotes, wireless mics) with the batteries removed, since they don't get used very often.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

We used to store our remotes for rarely used equipment San batteries at my old library. Confused the heck out of newbies. Even putting notes in the storage space didn’t waylay the befuddlement.

And a few student workers (we assumed as much at least, no one was caught) discovered “free batteries” and so those had to get moved to a locked location. Which didn’t help the confounded newbies.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:16 pm
We used to store our remotes for rarely used equipment San batteries at my old library. Confused the heck out of newbies. Even putting notes in the storage space didn’t waylay the befuddlement.

And a few student workers (we assumed as much at least, no one was caught) discovered “free batteries” and so those had to get moved to a locked location. Which didn’t help the confounded newbies.
Confound those confounded and befuddled newbies! And the sticky-fingered student workers (hirelings?). Confound them, too.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The good ol' ten foot pole. I've got 3 five foot handles that can be screwed together to make a 15ft pole, I've used it for gutter cleaning, getting balls out of trees, etc. William loves it, he says it's "the most useful thing ever, and you can HIT STUFF WITH IT." That's my son, always finding the practical uses of things.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Little does he know that it only does d2 damage. ;)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:57 pm
Little does he know that it only does d2 damage. ;)
His ADHD gives him a bonus though, he'll just whack stuff that many more times with it, so in the end, he's still doing like 100HP DMG to everything.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:47 pm
William loves it, he says it's "the most useful thing ever, and you can HIT STUFF WITH IT." That's my son, always finding the practical uses of things.
I love your kid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:29 pm
badams30 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:47 pm
William loves it, he says it's "the most useful thing ever, and you can HIT STUFF WITH IT." That's my son, always finding the practical uses of things.
I love your kid. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He's crazy. I love him, but he's totally nuts. I'll have to share a recent photo, he joined the school ball handling club, he's going to be a pint-sized Harlem Globetrotter.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Hey guys. I'm going out on paternity leave for the rest of the year. Please NPC Tor for the time being, as I need to be 100% on duty for my family during these next few weeks. The baby is due any day now, and Niamh is very tired.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Excellent. Will do. I’m familiar with how Tor thinks…