Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

badams30

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Post by badams30 »

After seeing these fantastic characters, it dawns on me that we have the fighting part covered, plus a thief and a wizard, so if no one objects, I'll be a cleric. Who wants healing spells at lv1 anyway?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

@Greyarea, that is a really nice picture! Not as good as mine, but still pretty nice! :lol:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:10 am
@Greyarea, that is a really nice picture! Not as good as mine, but still pretty nice! :lol:
+1

Wait, giant seahorse that travels on land!?! Vert der ferk?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Great group of characters, gentlemen. Paul, Tor should have 9 hp, not 6.

Good night, all! More to come in the daylight...

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Thanks

badams30

Post by badams30 »

For the record, I tried to draw something, and it was pretty whack. I'm going to give it another shot. Maybe what I need is a beer or two to loosen my creative juices.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:38 pm
For the record, I tried to draw something, and it was pretty whack. I'm going to give it another shot. Maybe what I need is a beer or two to loosen my creative juices.
I was shocked at my ball point creation! I don't think I ever drew anything that good before. Usually stuff is more like my horrible stick figure thing I forst posted.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

I'm glad you guys are feeling inspired. I am, too. As I said earlier, if we're rocking the basic set then we don't need to worry about a setting beyond the dungeon itself and perhaps a small town. Like any DM, however, I'm planning for the future, just in case. My initial thought was to set our adventure in the Grand Duchy of Karameikos, as detailed in the Expert Set. After looking through both your characters and this particular module, however, I've decided that we need something a little more tailored to our own tastes.

Our adventure begins in the walled city of Yarrik. Once an outpost of the Ancient Atruscan empire, and later conquered by the Reavers of the Frost Isles, the city is now ruled by King Trevar IV. Slouching upon his throne, and at the behest of his new bride, he watches over the construction of a great new temple...

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Oh yeah, and not too far away is a dungeon. With monsters to kill, treasure to steal, and traps to avoid. Real geopolitical stuff here, you know.

mythictom

Post by mythictom »

tumblingdice wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:04 pm
Our adventure begins in the walled city of Yarrik. Once an outpost of the Ancient Atruscan empire, and later conquered by the Reavers of the Frost Isles, the city is now ruled by King Trevar IV. Slouching upon his throne, and at the behest of his new bride, he watches over the construction of a great new temple...
Is the temple devoted to Deity McDeityface???? :eh: