B1.1 - Beginnings

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

tumblingdice

Re: B1.1 - Beginnings

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor says, with a hint of impatience, "Well, whatever it is, it knows we're here. Ho there!" he shouts. "Show yourself!"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The scuffling noise stops for a moment and then start la back up again. You can’t tell if it’s getting any closer in the dark.

Actions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert -Priest

Bert whispers “Throw something in there, if its an animal it’ll flee or run toward it.”

Are we close enough to any debris or the dead bodies we just left? We coukd gran something to throw.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk will fetch out some rations and give them a chuck into the chamber!

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor steps aside to let Fauk throw his food away, I mean strategically lure our prey out of hiding.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Fauk takes a piece of hardtack, pemmican, and hard cheese from his pack. He tosses it into the center (from his view) of the floor.

The cracker/bread breaks as it impacts, the pemmican plopping unceremoniously next to it. The cheese hits a broken corner and bounce-rolls to the side, close to one of the pillars.

Trebbelous, boy wizard and torchbearer, holds his belly with his free hand as the gurgle from it fills the space. He mumbles, ...a day's worth of rations... but falls silent when others look at him.

The shuffling in the distance stops for a longer while. The breeze in the torchlight makes shadows dance and provides the only sound. Then the shuffling seems to start up again, but fading as if growing further away. After a minute or two (who can tell with no watches or iPhones) the noise fades to nothing and all you hear is your own breath and the movement of the air in the flame.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"Must not have liked my rations?" Fauk says.

"Trebbelos, are you hungry? Here. Take a hunk of bread and cheese. If your gut keeps gurgling like that, you'll attract who knows what in this accursed dungeon."

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 12:27 pm
"Must not have liked my rations?" Fauk says.

"Trebbelos, are you hungry? Here. Take a hunk of bread and cheese. If your gut keeps gurgling like that, you'll attract who knows what in this accursed dungeon."
Slip agrees with Fauk, "We don't want you going hungry; that's no good. Toss that torch of yours into the middle of the room there." The Scout then attempts to hide in shadows and move silently, then goes into the room, along the wall, to Scout ahead a bit utilizing the torchlight (if Trebbelos complies).

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Trebbelos waves the offers away. No thanks, I have a few weeks’ rations. I’m just sad to see food wasted like that. But you’re experienced adventurers and I’m just a kid out of magic school so I’m sure you know best.

For example, I would never have considered tossing a torch in. Hold on…

He takes a second torch from his pack, lights it with the first, and then heaves the first into the room. It clatters and then rolls a bit in a lazy circle.

You can see the chairs better now. They seem like thrones to you.

Slip slips around the side and deeper into the room. Soon she is effectively invisible to the rest of you.

The walls are smooth to Slip’s touch. Few seams but mainly just smooth: like polished stone. She feels the touch of a light tapestry—black in the dark of the edge of the room.

She gets about to the second set of pillars from the door and she stops short, feeling a hard tubular something underfoot…

The rest of the party is still in the doorway.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 6:41 pm
Trebbelos waves the offers away. No thanks, I have a few weeks’ rations. I’m just sad to see food wasted like that. But you’re experienced adventurers and I’m just a kid out of magic school so I’m sure you know best.

"Who said anything about waste?" Fauk moves into the room and sweeps up the (more or less intact) rations and puts them in his backpack.