B1.1 - Beginnings

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

jcftao

Re: B1.1 - Beginnings

Post by jcftao »

Fauk mutters, "Someone once called me a drunken apple...oh, wait...it wasn't apple"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

At least they didn’t call you a Granny Smith, replies Tor.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Once an apple, always an apple.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

No need to get saucy.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Day 6. Drunken Apple Tavern, Tenney Hollow, evening

Your group, taking its leave of the guards, ambles into the village. As promised, you soon come across the main square. Along one side is a two-storey tavern that looks to be in good repair, adorned with a sign of an anthropomorphic apple knocked on its tookus. A few patrons mill about the entrance, eying you with interest, but not hostility as you make your way inside.

You cross the threshold, your eyes adjusting to the dark interior. As you can see from the map above, there are but a handful of patrons here at the moment, all of whom seem to be simple farmers or villagers. A sturdy, sullen-looking barkeep is pouring an ale for a customer. A boy of no more than ten, appears to have emerged from a pair of double doors, presumably leading to the kitchen. The air is filled with the scent of stale ale, greasy pub fair, and the burning wood from the fire.

(Dang. There doesn't appear to be a fireplace in this tavern. What a ripoff! Okay, let's say the staircase at the top of the diagram is actually a hearth with a big roaring fire. There! That's better.)

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk pulls up a stool at the nearest table making sure to face the doors. "Barkeep! Bring a pitcher of ale fo me and one for the rest of my friends! My throat is parched and hunger gnaws my innards!"

OOC ~ Fauk remembers he has only 1 gold piece and hopes the prices are not too dear.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Tor stands by the fire, warming himself. A barbarian from the north, he tends to be chilly.
Barkeep
Yes, ales are good! He says. Barkeep, call me Tor. Say, can you tell me is there any news in this town?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip

Slip quietly sits at the table with Fauk. She subtly looks about the room to see if anyone is eyeing/staring at her. If given ale, she drinks it.

Scout, Tinkerer, and Cartographer
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 5
+ AC: 5
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Slip will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest of the One True God

Bert smiles broadly as he sees the well-supplied bar. He says to no one in particular, "Ah, the long walk has left me quite parched. A few ales should fix that. Heh heh heh..."

Bert smiles and nods politely at the patrons if they look his way. He pulls up a chair with his companions and waits for someone to take his order.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

The barkeep sizes all of you up in turn, then commences filling your orders and pouring 2 large pitchers of ale. Turning to face the young boy, he bellows, "Trebbelos! Put your scabby hide to use and bring these folks some bread!"

The boy scampers back into the kitchen, then returns a moment later with a few loaves of brown bread. He puts them down on your table without a word, or eye contact, then seems to disappear into the shadows. The barkeep then comes over with the pitchers and empty mugs. "We'll settle up when you've had your fill," he grunts, as he puts the tray down in front of Fauk.

"Only news here," he grumbles in reply to Tor, after a moment's reflection, "is that I'm stuck serving you ale when you should be drinkin' cider." The barkeep shakes his head sadly. "But the crop was no good this year. Something's rotten out in them orchards."

Slip, no one seems to have taken any particular interest in you, by which I mean they're not leering at you any more than they do any other ladies that come into the tavern. Lecherous yokels!

Bert, you get a few nods of greeting in return from said yokels, but no one engages. Perhaps they've all heard you've gone dark, and are keeping their distance. You think you hear someone whisper "Vienna sausages," and "Fratzeldroop," but you can't be sure.

Actions?