B1.1 - Beginnings

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

connivingsumo

Re: B1.1 - Beginnings

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm
Slip has an excellent shot at a back-strike on Fauk.
Actions?
:wtf: ... :shifty: <shrug> She takes it!

j/k :mrgreen:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:06 pm
greyarea wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:59 pm
Slip has an excellent shot at a back-strike on Fauk.
Actions?
:wtf: ... :shifty: <shrug> She takes it!

j/k :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert keeps watch behind the group, wondering what is going on in that room ahead.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip relays the events to Bert, then says, "Maybe we should bug that Gnome again and see if he'll give us some info... or maybe we just wait for his 'time' to be up and then talk to them?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk keeps a sharp eye on Slip :lol:

"Do we even want to go into a room that charges by the hour?!" :lol:

"Maybe we should give a polite knock and find out what the heck is going on? We should be polite--I don't want the gnome getting short with us."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor regards the gnome, and then the closed door, in stunned silence for a moment, then bursts out in laughter. Whatever he's up to in there, we should drink his health upon our return to the village. Brother Bert, will you be hearing confessions later?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert makes his way toward the door, and trying to use his gift of gab he knocks lightly and says "Hello there! Brother Bert here. I think you've got us mixed up with someone else. We mean no harm."

Bert shrugs and waits to see what happens.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The door pops open a crack and a gnome’s head pops out. You can’t tell if this is the same one or not.

Bert, huh? You can call me Banks. Well unless you’re bringing the catering, we’re having a very important meeting here. We have the room booked until… he looks down at his bare wrist …for another half hour or so. We’re having very important…

Ernie, do they have the coffee? comes a voice from within.

And the pastries, don’t forget pastries! yells another voice.

Banks looks around you and then back up at Bert. I don’t see a catering cart, he yells back to his companions. Sorry, our room. We scheduled it so it’s ours. You can do your book club or whatever when we’re finished.

He closes the door. Maybe a bit harder than he needed to.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert glances back at the others and stiles a laugh. He says "Mr Banks, very nice to meet you. I don't have any pastries or coffee, but I'd be grateful if I could trouble you for a moment to ask you a couple questions about this establishment here. And please excuse the intrusion."

OOC: I'd offer them some booze, but we don't know them that well. Who knows, they could be summoning reinforcements. Should we try to get them to talk, or move along? Perhaps we leave this area and go check out that secret door in the large room?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip giggles, "Well... if we want to wait for them to leave the room, we'd only have to wait 30 minutes. We could always brew some coffee and combine our breads, closest thing we have to pastries, I think?" she says through some laughter, "Banks & Ernie!".