B1.1 - Beginnings

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

tumblingdice

Re: B1.1 - Beginnings

Post by tumblingdice »

I love the sound of grown men copying and pasting rumors into their conversations, almost verbatim.

I also love the smell of napalm in the morning.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:38 am
I love the sound of grown men copying and pasting rumors into their conversations, almost verbatim.

I also love the smell of napalm in the morning.
:o :lol:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Horace looks at Tor's suggestion to plunder the fortress with a mix of skepticism, embarrassment and amusement. He then turns to face The Slip once again. Do you have any further questions about your mission?

If there are no questions, he continues. Our contact in Tenney Hollow is a mage named Trebbelos. Seek him out. He may prove useful.

Actions? Questions?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I say we loot the place. If they have died then their stronghold is ripe for plucking.
[/quote]

Brother Bert smiles at Tor and nods. "I think what my nephew means is, yes, by all means let's go check this out. We wouldn't want any errant coin or artifacts to end up in the hands of miscreants, for sure."

He tilts his tankard and says "drink up, lads and uh, lass. We've got to stay hydrated lest we won't be up to this noble quest!" He chugs his ale, dribbling some on his chest.

"That's nice and cold. Praise God. Mmmm...."

He orders another round of ale for the party, just to stay hydrated of course.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Tor accepts the refreshed ale. As he drinks he turns to his companions and asks, I am so bad at words. Is “investigate” a syno… shino… the same word as “plunder”?

The wry smile suggests that he might not be entirely serious.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk raises a fresh mug of ale, "Aye! Let's go see this magic-user!"

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip

Slips eyes the crew up and down. A rag-tag bunch, but behind their shenanigans she sees strength, aptitude, skill... and -very likely- more shenanigans.

To Horace, "Sounds like we accept, Horace, but I only accept responsibility for scouting the parcel. What happens above and beyond that is anyone's guess." Riches & Adventure aside, the Scout speaks independently on this particular matter, "I only guarantee the management of the reconnaissance and cartography. Otherwise, these men are their own, as are their spoils."

The Compass means everything to Slip- it's her life. Her life and salvation from her alternative: the destiny chosen by her parents, tradition, and family. In the endeavor of Scouting and Cartography, she applies the upmost seriousness and concern. On the other side of the coin, friends you can trust are not easily come by, and this group deserves their spoils... should we survive.

Scout, Tinkerer, and Cartographer
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 5
+ AC: 5
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Slip will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

Last edited by connivingsumo on Sat Jul 10, 2021 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:02 pm
Slips eyes the crew up and down. A rag-tag bunch, but behind their shenanigans she sees strength, aptitude, skill... and -very likely- more shenanigans.
That sounds about right!

Horace nods at the Slip's terms. Very well. Return here when you have completed your mission, and report to Ralen. He is a trustworthy ally of the Compass, and if I am not in town, then he can accept the map in my place. Now, I must be off! To the Scorched Deserts of the Zahar this time. I have cause to believe some of our brethren are on to something big. Farewell, and good luck!

With that Horace gives Ralen a nod, tosses him a small bag of coins, and is out the door!

If anybody wants to make any last minute equipment purchases before setting out, go right ahead. If there is no further conversation, your party will meet at whatever day and time you all agree upon just inside the northern gate of the city. We'll take it up there.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk empties his tankard, "Let us settle our bill here and then go see this wizard. My backside is sore from all this sitting and me ears are tired of all this talk!"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert quickly polishes off his ale and orders another for he and Tor and says "Well then, it sounds like we're heading out tomorrow! Wonderful! Tor, I'll notify the church that we're going to be traveling.

Bert will make merry before turning in early to get a good rest. Prior to going to sleep, he'll recheck his belongings, making sure everything is there and secure. He's quite excited to be hitting the road.