B1.2 - Kitchen Aide

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

connivingsumo

Re: B1.2 - Kitchen Aide

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip thinks to herself... "Surely we could do better for them?!"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

OOC: Ooof. I think we're at a point where either we end up fighting because they think we're someone else, or we tell them who we are (sort of) maybe we try to get them to help us and we promise to help them get their back pay? Grasping at straws here, but they have some serious knowledge of this place, and that could be really helpful.

Bert holds up a hand and says "whoa, friends. You have certainly been wronged, no doubt about it. But I think you have mistaken us. We are definitely not any management nor do we represent anyone who would do such a thing to hard working honest folk as yourself. We're just simple adventurers <drumroll, please> IN SEARCH OF ADVENTURE. I don't know who is in charge of this place, but it sounds like you have very fair grievances, and my condolences for your fallen comrade. Perhaps we could work together to help you obtain your fair payment and you could assist us with some information about this place. I am nothing but a humble priest, but the folks you were hired by sound like an unscrupulous sort. So what do you say?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk breathes a sigh of relief when Bert starts talking. :clap:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:12 am
Fauk breathes a sigh of relief when Bert starts talking. :clap:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The head gnome cocks an eyebrow at Bert.

Oh, good orc, bad orc. I see what you're up to. Nice try, he continues, waving a finger at you.

I'll tell you what: you get us the gold we're owed and we'll gladly give you some "information". We'll even draw you a map.

BUT, not before we have gold in hand. You get us our five hundred and seventy six...

One of the other gnomes interrupts him. They have a hurried, hushed conversation. The head gnome turns back to you and says,

Curtis here makes a good point: we haven't been charged for catering for any of our union meetings. So let's call it five hundred and fifty even. You get us that and then we'll share our information with you.

Until then, if you meet any management stooges, you let them know that we don't appreciate being stood up for these negotiations. And we know where the temporary support beams are...

He turns, showing you the giant (relatively) patch on his back.

Actions?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2023 11:35 pm
The head gnome cocks an eyebrow at Bert.
Oh, good orc, bad orc. I see what you're up to. Nice try, he continues, waving a finger at you.
:lol: :lol: :lol: omg you crack me up!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk has no intention of paying any gold to these gnomes. "Well, that sounds fine, chaps! But if we are to negotiate for your back wages, you'll need to help us find our way through this dungeon. You know, show us where the secret doors may be, traps and monsters...the usual things that are found in dungeons."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Get us our gold, and then we’ll talk. You guys are worse than dealing with brownies. At least they get us better snacks than this filth. Now scram.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor, great sword in hand, starts stage whispering a count of the number of gnomes in the room. How long do we let this go on before we start collecting heads? he'll ask his companions.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk says, "Let's go find something that'll give us more of a fight."