B1.2 - Kitchen Aide

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

badams30

Re: B1.2 - Kitchen Aide

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

(SORRY FOR THE DISAPPEARANCE, CURRENTLY ON VACATION AT THE BEACH)

Bert holds up the pouch with 15EP and says "Ah, finally some coin for our efforts!" He'll pocket the coin for now, or someone else can carry it.
He grimaces a bit at the gnoll food, but puts it in his pack for now.

Where to next? Should we poke around this area a bit more, or head back to the giant centipede room? (I'm fine either way, but maybe we poke around just a bit more here, because if we go away our murder hobo kitchen escapade is sure to be noticed.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip
Slip is easy to go whichever direction the party is interested in.
iirc, I think we've got a ton of doors to choose from in that one hallway?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk says, "Let's go anywhere, except back to those gnomes. If I see them again, they'll regret snapping at us."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Let's check out the door directly south of the kitchen.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor nods absentmindedly at Fauk's suggestion, his attention focused on the vial Slip offered him.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Tor looks at the stoppered vials. They are identical from what he can tell: viscous dark liquid with a slight reddish tint.

The door to the south is quiet. It has a word on it in a language none of you can read. It does not appear to be locked.

Actions?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor looks quizzically at the writing on the door. He'll ask Trebbelos and Brother Bert if they recognize what the language might be, even if they can't actually read it. Between the boy wizard's arcane studies and the jolly cleric's experience with ancient ecclesial writings and imported ales, someone might know something.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert scratches his balding dome and says "Hmmm... I'm not one for the linguistical arts as it may be. Slip, can you hear anything on the other side of that door? I'm a bit leery of a door with writing on it, especially if I don't know what it's saying."

OOC: Bert will volunteer to carefully open the door unless something blatantly dangerous is going to happen.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Trebbelos says, I’m pretty sure that is Gnomish. That isn’t one of the languages I’ve studied though. It could be Brownie or Imp. They share a common root language with Leprechaun, Pixie, and Basque, although those two use different accents so I don’t think it’s one of those. Yes, I’m going to say Gnomish. Pretty sure that’s right.

Of course it’s all Dwarvish to me. I always had a hard time with the faerie tongues. Especially reading them… speaking is another thing entirely.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk rolls his eyes, "Well, I'm glad we could confirm this."