B1.3 - Upstairs, Downstairs

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

greyarea

Re: B1.3 - Upstairs, Downstairs

Post by greyarea »

Slip slips a large sack over one of the shrieking mushrooms. It muffles the noise significantly.

The rest of the party hack and bash at second one. The cap falls from it as you make your way through the stem. Its wailing ceases as the cap lands, sending up a cloud of purple and blue “dust”.

The third shrieker (as well as the one under the large sack) finally winds down its noise. All is quiet. Maybe to much so, as when Trebbelos asks if everyone is okay, his voice seems muffled.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk inspects Trebbelos. Does he appear to be okay?

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Other than a frightening case of nose hair overgrowth, Trebbelos seems fine.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert shakes his head in spite of the ringing in his ears, then he motions to Tor and says "Let's tend to those Gnomes quickly, shall we?". He nods toward the mushrooms and says "Keep an eye out, lads... by now everything within a mile knows we're here."

Bert will see if the Gnomes can be roused, or what their condition is.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip
With one Shrieker silenced and another chopped up, Slip takes her second (and last) Large Sack and puts it over the remaining Shrieker.

"I want my sacks back when we're done!" as she helps move the Gnomes away from the Shriekers.

Scout, Tinkerer, and Cartographer
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 5
+ AC: 5
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Slip will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

The shrieked are sacked or chopped, Slip sacrificing them (for now!) for the greater good of your ears. Trebbelos picks up bits of the chopped ones and puts them into one of the small sacks on his belt.

You examine the gnomes. They are unresponsive, as if they are dead, but they don’t lol dead. They seem asleep. But not the shrieking nor the battle nor you moving them about rouses them at all.

(1d6=5)

Actions?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor looks to Brother Bert and Fauk. Well, much as I don't want to, we probably should take these little runts with us. We don't want them getting eaten. We could bring them back upstairs.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk scratches his head, "I guess we should take the weans upstairs. But where should we take them upstairs? Drop them off with the other gnomes, I guess."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert nods at the suggestions "As well as being the right thing to do, we might get in the good graces of those grumpy gnomes upstairs. I say we take them to their brethren and then we can come back here and continue."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor agrees with Bert. I hope the gnomes are all friends, he says. If not, the ones upstairs might get even grumpier. But we can fix that, he adds ominously.

Barring any objections, Tor will lead the way back upstairs to the gnome gathering. Hmmm...I wonder if there's a unique noun for a group of gnomes.