B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

badams30

Re: B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert whispers "We might wish to save a flask of that oil in case we need to cover our withdrawal."

A little fire should liven things up with the stink lizards. Let's go get em! Bert is fine covering exits and engaging anyone in front of him.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip
Slip agrees we should reserve some oil for future use.

She asks the group, "Fauk handed me this oil flask, do you want me to light it and throw it, or try to sneak in and apply it? I'm more comfortable with the former; no sense in me getting discovered while I'm all alone in there."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert scratches his chin and says to Slip: "I don't know much about sneakin', but if I were you I'd stick to the shadows and let one of us toss that oil at them, and when they come to fight then you stick em' when they don't see you coming. If you want me to go in and be the bait, I'm okay doing that."

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 5:20 pm
Bert - Priest

Bert scratches his chin and says to Slip: "I don't know much about sneakin', but if I were you I'd stick to the shadows and let one of us toss that oil at them, and when they come to fight then you stick em' when they don't see you coming. If you want me to go in and be the bait, I'm okay doing that."
The Scout nods in agreement and [attempts to] vanishes into the darkness waiting for a proper 'lizard-back' to sink her weapon into.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Slip is hiding for a back stab.

What is everyone else doing? Throw an oil and then bum rush the trogs? Or are there other tactics you’d like to employ?

(I sometimes think this game could use a caller…)

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk will be happy to throw the oil if another good fellow will toss the torch. Then Fauk will wait for the trogs to come to him and hopefully the party can dispatch the rest.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:39 pm
(I sometimes think this game could use a caller…)[/ooc]
Sumo or Badams would be fine callers! Why don't you fellows step up or flip a coin?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor can put his crossbow down long enough to toss the torch.

OC: Caller, eh? I remember reading about those in the rule books, but have never played with one. Brandon or Rik would be good callers. Me? Not so much, and I'm okay with that.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I don't mind being caller, I think I was the caller in our TOEE game a while back. If Rik wants to be this time I'm fine. Either way.

It sounds like we're going to sneak into the adjacent room, then get ready to bumrush the room with the chieftan. (Were there any exits in that room besides the boarded up exit?)

So once we're in the other room, someone is tossing some oil, Tor will heave the torch, and Slip is going to be in shadows waiting to get a lick on someone from behind. Bert will engage whoever is closest and if there is another exit, he'll try to cover it, alerting the group if any reinforcements are coming.

Our tactical withdrawal plan is: if someone signals the retreat, we'll go back the way we came, someone will toss some oil at the mouth of the stinky lizard cave to cover the retreat and we'll carefully withdraw just past the trap being careful to not set it off. We'll wait there and if the trogs come for us, we'll try to force them into the trap at the bottlenck.

Sound okay? Missing anything?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk can throw the oil.