B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Exploring the elder, esoteric Lands and Environs of the D&D Wilderness. When we have time.

Moderator: greyarea

tumblingdice

Re: B1.4 - Gems for Trogs

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor, pleased with his aim from before, readies another crossbow bolt.

OC: Happy Easter, everyone!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk will charge in with his two handed sword after missiles are loosed!

OOC--Happy Easter to you all!

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Brother Bert

Bert whispers "Let's quickly and quietly move into the empty chamber, but keep to the walls. We'll get in there and then maybe Slip can peek and see how many are in the next chambers. We know there's at least one."

EDIT:
OOC: We should have a backup plan in case we are vastly outnumbered as we progress, it seems like the gnomes said there were a couple dozen in total, so if we get overwhelmed, we should retreat, maybe just past that trap area?
Last edited by badams30 on Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:08 pm
Brother Bert

Bert whispers "Let's quickly and quietly move into the empty chamber, but keep to the walls. We'll get in there and then maybe Slip can peek and see how many are in the next chambers. We know there's at least one."
Ok whispers Fauk.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Slip

Before the group has a chance to charge into the adjacent cavern, Slip returns...

"There are - at least - four in there, from what my quick-glimpse could tell, and one of them is a Chieftain or leader of some sort.
Also, it appears they've boarded up some sort of doorway, perhaps to keep something out, and there's a large human... I think, statue in the room that may be of interest."

Scout, Tinkerer, and Cartographer
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 5
+ AC: 5
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
When possible, Slip will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

Unbeknownst to the group, Slip 'keeping watch' meant "peek ahead." Just as the party is about to brashly charge into the next chamber, she reports her findings...

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Bert - Priest

Bert pats Slip on the shoulder and says "Fine job! Fine job! Did you see any other exits? leading from the room? "

OOC: So assuming there are other exit(s) from the room, we probably should be mindful of any retreating or advancing Trogs, plus we probably don't want them opening the boarded up area, for whatever it is. Do we have a chance charging in here, or do we trick them or burn them up or something?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk says, "I have one flask of oil left, if we want to cook them? That may be best before we run in an start chopping?"

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:06 pm
Fauk says, "I have one flask of oil left, if we want to cook them? That may be best before we run in an start chopping?"
Bert nods in approval. "I don't have any oil, but if I did, this would be a good use for it."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Fauk gives the oil to Slip.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Tor has oil to spare if needed. He keeps his crossbow cocked and loaded.