OOC:

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!
greyarea

Re: OOC:

Post by greyarea »

I’m set

badams30

Post by badams30 »

So I'm still confused. So this is a "Lost City." If we FIND the city, do we get like 2000XP each, adventure over? Seems kind of simple, but okay, for 2000XP I'm in.

I think a better adventure would be "The Lost Kingdom of Sockovia" and it is this mysterious realm where those socks that you lose in the dryer end up. At first glance, it seems like a nice place where lone socks go to retire and live their lives in peace, but in reality it's a realm ruled by a cruel guy who actually takes the socks and uses them as household rags and throws them in the garbage after one use.

I'm not asking you to change the adventure, but just think about what I'm proposing. Sockovia is way cooler than some old Lost City. Just a suggestion.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

That would have to be a Spelljammer game. Everyone knows lost socks end up in the Hose-zone Layer.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:34 pm
That would have to be a Spelljammer game. Everyone knows lost socks end up in the Hose-zone Layer.
OOF. That belongs on my Facebook page which is a haven of dad jokes and puns....
unnamed.jpeg
unnamed.jpeg (17.81 KiB) Viewed 4996 times

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:05 pm
So I'm still confused. So this is a "Lost City." If we FIND the city, do we get like 2000XP each, adventure over? Seems kind of simple, but okay, for 2000XP I'm in.

I think a better adventure would be "The Lost Kingdom of Sockovia" and it is this mysterious realm where those socks that you lose in the dryer end up. At first glance, it seems like a nice place where lone socks go to retire and live their lives in peace, but in reality it's a realm ruled by a cruel guy who actually takes the socks and uses them as household rags and throws them in the garbage after one use.

I'm not asking you to change the adventure, but just think about what I'm proposing. Sockovia is way cooler than some old Lost City. Just a suggestion.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Advisement acknowledged. :mrgreen:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Ok, I will try to post the Start Game thread this weekend, but I have an all day class tomorrow and a half-day + exam on Sunday, so no promises for this weekend.

tumblingdice removed the "in progress" from his character, so we just need a one-liner backstory; additionally, I prefer cooperative games, so we'll need some sort of background for the Dwarf & Half-Orc.

It could be that the Half-Orc looks practically all human, so the Orc parts are not visible, or maybe the Dwarf is just an extreme rarity of friendliness and is open minded? :mrgreen:

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Will get it done today.

Also, we once found some lost socks and a pair of underwear in our side yard, right under the dryer vent.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:46 pm
Will get it done today.

Also, we once found some lost socks and a pair of underwear in our side yard, right under the dryer vent.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

"side yard" ... haven't heard that in a LOOOOONG time! :mrgreen:

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Hey everyone,
I'll be on vacations this weekend, so may not be near my keyboard until Tuesday or Wednesday.
thanks and have a great weekend,
John

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:44 am
Hey everyone,
I'll be on vacations this weekend, so may not be near my keyboard until Tuesday or Wednesday.
thanks and have a great weekend,
John
Have a nice vacation!