OOC:

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!
jcftao

Re: OOC:

Post by jcftao »

What do you allow for starting spells?
RAW is two 1st level and one 2nd.
I see that I may also choose a cantrip (House Rules).

I really would like to start with a familiar, so I guess one of my spells will be find familiar.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:57 am

I really would like to start with a familiar, so I guess one of my spells will be find familiar.
my dwarf can be your familiar.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

:thumbup: Only if he can perch on my shoulder.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:23 am
:thumbup: Only if he can perch on my shoulder.
He’s pretty small. Might be a little heavy with the chain mail though. But think of the “SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!” moments…

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:

For starting spells, RAW works, but let me reread them because I may tweak a bit.

You get all of those Cantrips, but Light vs Dancing Lights you have to pick one or the other.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:08 am
jcftao wrote:

For starting spells, RAW works, but let me reread them because I may tweak a bit.

You get all of those Cantrips, but Light vs Dancing Lights you have to pick one or the other.
I’d take dancing lights, but I’d have them dance to the tune of “Staying Alive” and make them like a big disco ball. Just consider it, okay?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:23 pm
connivingsumo wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:08 am
jcftao wrote:

I’d take dancing lights, but I’d have them dance to the tune of “Staying Alive” and make them like a big disco ball. Just consider it, okay?
:lol: :lol: :lol: Awesome! :mrgreen:

badams30

Post by badams30 »

I was going to pen a quick background for my dwarf dude, but wondering - we are not natives of the lost city are we?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:53 pm
I was going to pen a quick background for my dwarf dude, but wondering - we are not natives of the lost city are we?
You are correct; you are not natives of The Lost City, Cynidicea. You can, however, choose a God that they might have chosen when the city existed, but I also think the Gods are available from Tumblindice's Dwellers setting as well, and - of course - you can always go without one! :mrgreen:

@jcftao ~ I'll be re-reading the AEC Rules today on Magic-Users to get your question answered.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:

+ Starting Spells = 6 first level, and 1 second level. (cannot choose Light or Dancing Lights ~ cantrip only & choose only one)
+ You can start with the spell 'Find Familiar' but at level one you won't start the game with a Familiar.

For what it's worth ~ FYI ~ I allow Magic-Users and the like to use Crossbows because the Crossbow was invented for "those that couldn't" or for those with no experience in archery; furthermore, RAW, "Dagger" is a Strength based weapon... kinda useless for a Magic-User, so the Crossbow just makes sense.