OOC:

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!
connivingsumo

Re: OOC:

Post by connivingsumo »

connivingsumo wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:51 pm
greyarea wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:43 pm
Kung Fu Jim pulls the sword from his back and swings at the second beetle with a mighty HIII-YA!
badams30 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:18 pm
Badobus Beetle Bane - Hungry, thirsty Dwarf

Badobus shouts "WHAT? BUGS? OUTTA ME WAY, I'M GONNA CHOP EM!" And he'll make haste to get down and engage the nearest beetle.
Tenebrous turns to Badobus and the Half-Orc with an "Oh!" look, just as a distant HIII-YA! is heard from below. The Dwarf sprints to the ladder near Tenebrous and Grarsh, sandwiches his shield between his belly and the ladder, wraps his feet - one each - around the poles of the ladder, grips said poles, and slides down to glory!

KFJ isn't there to have a Dwarf land on his head because he moved to meet and engage one of the beetles. KFJ lost initiative and a Beetle attacks! Hits! But it's a glancing blow for 1hp. KFJ returns the favor with his long sword, but *wiffs* with a 3! The hungry beetle attacks again just as Badabous makes his... entrance!, but misses the agile Monk!

Badobus is now at the foot of the ladder, shield & short sword at the ready, looking for a target!

Grarsh looks at Tenebrous, "A-pear-ently we go down?" as he gestures to the Wizard with one arm toward the tube-ladder.

Actions?

Party Health

Grarsh: 9/9
Tenebrous: 4/4
Badobus: 12/12
KF Jim: 7/8
I think I'm just going to call it, fellas. It's all good: everyone has a busy life, or maybe I didn't have a good DM/PbP vibe, but I get it- no worries.

My work and personal life have gotten crazy busy as well. I realize there were a few holidays (TG, Christmas, NY), but with us going on nearly 3 months of no 'actions' I'm gonna archive the game. I know Brandon has been crazy busy, Steve had to duck out, John is going to wrap up and take a break from his game, so I'm just chalking this up to bad timing. :mrgreen: That said, I'm always open for constructive criticism; I always want to be a better DM & a better player. 8-) :thumbup:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Joe still wants to know how his Hungry Mosquito Technique worked out. :D

Sorry you’re closing up shop on this one. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Seems life is getting in the way of quite a few folks. (Or they don’t know how to subscribe to forums.)

Try again someday?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Yeah, I hate to see this end too. I’m game if and when you pick it back up. As you know, I love surly dwarves…

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:41 am
Kung Fu Joe still wants to know how his Hungry Mosquito Technique worked out. :D

Sorry you’re closing up shop on this one. I enjoyed it while it lasted. Seems life is getting in the way of quite a few folks. (Or they don’t know how to subscribe to forums.)

Try again someday?
HMT (Hungry Mosquito Technique) was very aggressive and sucked out some Firebeetle bug juice! A very effective technique!

Try again someday? Heck Ya!! :mrgreen: I hate to archive it and then ask for it to be un-archived when people's schedules free up. I've never ran a game here before, so I'm unsure how that works, exactly.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

I bet Doug could help with that

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

I can indeed! Once I archive a game it's read-only, but if you ever want to bring it back from the dead that is easy, just send me a PM.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Let that be a lesson to you: invoke Doug’s name with care.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 6:59 pm
Let that be a lesson to you: invoke Doug’s name with care.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I SUMMON THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUG!!!!

Such power! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

LOL!

So shall it be....

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

merias wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 pm
LOL!

So shall it be....
Doug,

1. You're awesome, and thank you for running/maintaining/and monitoring these forums and this site for so long.
2. Please Archive the game, but I really really really do want to pick it back up someday when folks have more time, and run it as far as we can go... maybe even with another player or two added in.