The Blowing Sands [1]

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!
jcftao

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by jcftao »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:30 pm
Badobus -dwarf fighter

Badobus waits anxiously as Jim listens at the door. He snorts “Dammit, Jim! What do you hear?”
He waits with sword ready…

OOC: c’mon, I couldn’t resist.
Oh, brother! :lol:

Tenebrous keeps looking about him, not wanting to be ambushed. He thinks that doors at the end of long hallways are especially dangerous for the traps that accompany them.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Jim checks out the door - listening at it, checking to see if it is locked, and checking for traps.
The Monk listens intently at the door, but hears nothing. The door is a rather large and heavy door as it's mostly made of stone, very similar to the secret door the party just came through. He searches for traps, but none are found. There is a large iron handle running vertically along the side that presumably opens. There are two iron supports for the handle and the supports are sunk deep into the stone door; again, very similar to the secret door. The door is not locked, nor does it seem to have a locking mechanism, at least on the side you're inspecting.

Actions?

badams30 wrote:
Fri Aug 13, 2021 6:30 pm
Badobus -dwarf fighter

Badobus waits anxiously as Jim listens at the door. He snorts “Dammit, Jim! What do you hear?”
He waits with sword ready…

OOC: c’mon, I couldn’t resist.
:lol: :lol: :lol: I just KNEW someone would make this joke - as soon as I saw he named his Monk "Jim" - but I honestly expected it from Steve's Cleric! :mrgreen:

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

KFJ opens the door

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Badobus - Dwarf FIghter

Badobus stands back, with his sword and shield ready for what might be behind the door.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:29 am
KFJ opens the door
The Monk pulls on the large metal handle. The the door is extremely heavy, but glides on its hinges easier than expected.

Beyond the door is a room approximately 40' x 40'. Like the hallway, the floor is also dusty, but here the tracks become more messy and sporadic. The room smells old and musty. The dust on the floor has been disturbed, though no special details can be made out. Three huge bronze cylinders reach from the floor to the ceiling in the middle of the room. In the center of each cylinder, facing you at floor level, is a bronze door. Each door appears to have a bronze handle.

Actions?

The letters < c, d, e > assigned to each bronze cylinder is for identification purposes only.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

KFJ scans the floor. Can he tell (or estimate) how long it’s been since the floor was trod upon? Can he tell which cylinder has the most foot traffic?

Teacher call this a Monty choice: what behind door number three?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:07 pm
KFJ scans the floor. Can he tell (or estimate) how long it’s been since the floor was trod upon? Can he tell which cylinder has the most foot traffic?
You can't tell how long it has been. Each cylinder seems to have the same amount of traffic.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Tenebrous moves to the left most cylinder and without touch, listens carefully at the door.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

KFJ listens at the center cylinder much like Tenebrous.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Badobus - Grumpy Dwarf Fighter

Badobus stands guard watching behind us and for any signs of intruders or traps. "What kind of dummy puts cylinders in fine stonework? What you need here is a nice ramp or stair. What am I talking about, this place is stupid. What's taking so long? If there are critters running around in here, then there's got to be some water and food. And maybe some whiskey. I could use some whiskey.... "

and he mumbles to himself as the party examines the area...