The Blowing Sands [1]

Virtual Pals & Long Distance Friends ~ Coup de foudre!
connivingsumo

Re: The Blowing Sands [1]

Post by connivingsumo »

DungeonMaster wrote:
jcftao wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:00 am
Tenebrous moves to the left most cylinder and without touch, listens carefully at the door.
Tenebrous listens at Cylinder C...
greyarea wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 12:07 pm
KFJ listens at the center cylinder much like Tenebrous.
Karate-Man listens at Cylinder D...
connivingsumo wrote:NPC'ing Grarsh
The loving Cleric listens at Cylinder E...
badams30 wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:50 pm
Badobus stands guard watching behind us and for any signs of intruders or traps.
The Dwarf stays near the door and keeps watch!
The party enters the room. As the individuals head to their respective cylinders, the Dwarf takes note that the door begins to close by itself just like the Secret Door did. There are no handles on the door from inside the room.
The Dwarf also notices...
The Dwarf, while standing guard, notices a hole in the South East corner. About 9' off the floor and - judging from a distance - about 1-2 inches in diameter. Being familiar with all sorts of stone architecture across many different cultures, this strikes the Fighter as unusual. Prompted by the oddity, he looked across the room to the North East corner, and again the North & South West corners. All four corners have these holes worked into the stone.
Timing their efforts to be both silent and listen at the same time, the Wizard, Monk, and Cleric listen. They listen intently all through the Dwarf looking around the room (he doesn't move his location) and the door closing.

Though no sounds were detected from the cylinders, upon the door closing, two of our three Listeners, the Wizard & the Monk, hear a distinct hissing sound; however, it seems... distant?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Badobus - Dwarf Fighter

Badobus casually glances around, his eyes catching little details of the walls, it takes a moment, but he says "HEY! STOP! Take a look at this!" And he points out the holes in the walls. "I don't like this one bit."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Joe points at his ear and at wall, Teacher say: if hear hissing and not see snake, hold breath!

He then holds his breath and goes to the nearest hole, clogging it with a bit of his sleeve torn off.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:03 pm
He then holds his breath and goes to the nearest hole, clogging it with a bit of his sleeve torn off.
Just as KFJ confirms what he's hearing, the Dwarf points out the locations. After a bit of struggle, and maybe a dagger, a piece of cloth is torn from KFJ's sleeve and stuffed into one of the holes.

As KFJ nears the hole he is absolutely sure this is where the hissing sound is comeing from.

Badobus identified 3 more holes, though no one is yet sure if those holes are also making hissing sounds.

Actions?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Tenebrous says matter-of-factly, "well, I think we are in a trap."

He moves to look at one of the holes. Is there anything the room that may fit into the holes?

"Perhaps something could be put in the holes to prevent the ceiling from crushing us? I don't think that the holes are a way of pumping gas into the room."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

KFJ continues to hold his breath while motioning to the others to clog the damn holes already. He will try to clog another one.

Great, we die in room two. TPK. :roll:

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:39 am
"Perhaps something could be put in the holes to prevent the ceiling from crushing us? I don't think that the holes are a way of pumping gas into the room."
I apologize I didn't articulate clearly. The holes are in the walls, one in each corner; for example, if you are facing the West wall there is a hole in the upper right corner. In this room, any wall that you face has a small (approximately 1.5"-2") hole in the upper right corner.

Another way to describe it might be, "There are four holes, each hole is in the wall just an inch or two from the ceiling, so they're elevated off of the floor. Every hole is in the Upper-Right corner. One hole in each corner for each wall; such as, the West wall has a hole in the North-West corner, the North wall has a hole in the North-East corner, the East wall has a hole in the South-East corner, and the South wall has a hole in the South-West corner."
greyarea wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:37 pm
KFJ continues to hold his breath while motioning to the others to clog the damn holes already. He will try to clog another one.

Great, we die in room two. TPK. :roll:
The Half-Orc Cleric (hereby known as "HOC" :lol:) tears a piece of cloth from the bottom of his undershirt and gets to clogging.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Badobus - Grumpy Dwarf Fighter

Badobus grumbles "Oh, that's great. I'm too damn short to help. Isn't that rich? I'll die down here, closer to the floor..." He keeps an eye on the doors and passage into the room in case anyone is alerted to our presence.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:42 pm
Badobus - Grumpy Dwarf Fighter

Badobus grumbles "Oh, that's great. I'm too damn short to help. Isn't that rich? I'll die down here, closer to the floor..." He keeps an eye on the doors and passage into the room in case anyone is alerted to our presence.
As the Monk & Cleric plug the holes with rags they do smell an odor and the hissing sound nearly vanishes when all four are plugged. Badobus, standing and holding the door open, actually smells nothing.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Kung Fu Jim says, Don't be fooled. Iocane Gas. Odorless and very deadly. Teacher say, one whiff and fart kill you!