b/x printed?

Discussion of the 1981 Basic/Expert version of D&D.
chapped hoop

Re: b/x printed?

Post by chapped hoop »

also, if anyone finds these useful, here u go...

chapped hoop

Post by chapped hoop »

these were done by my bud
Last edited by chapped hoop on Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

chapped hoop

Post by chapped hoop »

I haven't made the boxes yet, though, I'm not too sure how to go about it

merias
Site Admin

Post by merias »

Welcome, @chapped hoop! I'm not on FB, so I don't know if any digest PDFs have been shared. Perhaps @badams30, or someone who joined that group will reply here.

On the box images - I would also not know how to go about making boxes from template images. I'm guessing there are companies who specialize in such things who could do it.

[Also, just fyi - I think the images you shared are too low of a resolution to be truly useful for their intended purpose. They are more like large thumbnails - so they probably fall under "fair use" as far as giving an idea of what such a template would look like and allowing us to discuss it, but please don't share the hi-res images].

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Cool boxes, if the files were large enough to print, you could probably just measure the flat, untrimmed stock to ensure it would print correctly when you printed it. I haven't done a box, but someone I know did one at Staples, the only downside was that they were limited in the thickness of cover stock they could print on, so he said his boxes were a little flimsy, but good enough.

As for digest size print ready files, I don't know of anyone with those. I have the same B/X combined files that everyone has been printing, perhaps they could be reduced? I don't know anyone who has printed digest sized though. That would be VERY cool.

I'm quite happy with my B/X omnibus hardcover from luLu, it's been sturdy, well-bound and good quality.

Narmer

Post by Narmer »

Could a person print out the box top on slightly thicker paper and attach it to a premade box?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Narmer wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:50 am
Could a person print out the box top on slightly thicker paper and attach it to a premade box?
You certainly could. Just cut it out, and to do it well just get a can of spray adhesive and it’d be quick and solid.

William

Post by William »

I also don't have a Facebook account, and I really don't want to join just to get a copy of the file (I'm not the Facebook type), but I really would love to get a copy of that book printed at Lulu.
Does anyone have a copy of the PDF that they would be interested in sharing?

Bill
Swords & Wizardry....in Blackmoor!
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

William

Post by William »

For the Omnibus book?
If anyone is willing to share the file for the Omnibus book then I will happily share a copy of the file for Jonathan Becker's B/X Companion.

Bill
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft

William

Post by William »

Thanks for sharing Merias!
It will be nice to do a bit of B/X again from time to time, and also a great way to introduce younger players to the O.S.R.

Bill
AD&D 1e/ OSRIC
Conan
Greyhawk (1e)
Lankhmar
Ravenloft