Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:42 pm
Hugi suggests doing that while the elf and hobbits sneak.

Pincer move!!!
That works for Dewplo.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

As you start to firm up your plan, old Mort chimes in and says "Donkey and I aren't much for quiet or sneakin' but if you all want to make your way over yonder on the other side closer to them critters, Donkey and I could distract them things while you make your move."

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Be waiting till we be close!" Jocasta warns Mort, before the joins the group circling the clearing.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:36 am
As you start to firm up your plan, old Mort chimes in and says "Donkey and I aren't much for quiet or sneakin' but if you all want to make your way over yonder on the other side closer to them critters, Donkey and I could distract them things while you make your move."
Dewplo smiles, "Not a bad idea, Mort!"

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

OC: Let's start sneaking!

Sneaking Sythandra through the alley...Darnit, I knew I should have named the elf Sally.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

The plan sounds good... he will start making his way toward the gobbies from w/in the treeline, taking it slow.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

(Sorry for the long delay... now lets get on with Mort's diversion and the rest of the party sneaking around the treeline)

You begin your sneak around the treeline, and after about 10 minutes of slow, deliberate movement (which appears to be unnoticed by the noisy goblins) you are almost behind them at the edge of the treeline. From this vantage point you can see behind the broken wagon that they have a very old and rickety handcart that is quite full of odds and ends, mostly bits of food, bottles of drinks/liquids, some scorched bolts of fabric, some flatware and some hand tools, plus a couple sacks stuffed with unknown contents. The goblins are also a bit preoccupied as they are greedily clawing away at a large wheel of cheese, breaking off huge chunks and stuffing it in their mouths. From this angle you can see some dried bloodstains and signs of an obvious struggle here - perhaps as recently as a day ago, but it's clear from the condition of the site and the goblin looters that they had nothing to do with this destruction.

You wait patiently for a couple more minutes then you hear Mort's familiar gravelly voice coming from where you left him, on the other side of the goblins.

"HALLO THERE! ARE YOU ALL OKAY? IT LOOKS LIKE YOU HAD AN ACCIDENT OR SOMETHING! ARE YOU OKAY? WHOOOOO WEEEEE, SOMETHING DONE TORE UP YOUR WAGONS AND TENTS HERE!" Donkey snorts in protest as Mort slowly leads him across the open ground toward the goblins. The goblins stop what they're doing, and glance at each other quizzically and then back at Mort. They chatter amongst themselves and Mort approaches at a crawl.

Hugi and Sythandra can understand the goblins as they chat. Basically the just of their conversation is "Who the heck is this? He looks alone. He's no threat, but I think he's crazy. The king would be very happy with that donkey, but what about the old man?" The largest of the goblins says in fairly good common "What are you doing out here? Its not safe to be alone with that dragon running around. You should go back to the village old man." One of the other goblins says to the larger one (in goblin) "WHAT ARE YOU DOING? LETS GET HIS DONKEY!" And they start to argue amongst each other. Mort shakes his head and stops in his tracks, he's still about 50 feet from them. Your party is about 50 feet also, but behind the goblins who are arguing amongst themselves at the moment....

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi holds his axe two handedly, rocking back and forth in his armor and getting ready to charge. He whispers what the goblins said in their own tongue to those near him.

When arrows are loosed he will run just as fast as he can in full plate.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Has the same idea as Hugi, once arrows are in flight he will take off toward the gobbies.

Whispering: Let's try to take at least one alive... have a chat about dragons.

OCC: NP badams... real life.

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta has no arrows, but will join the charge when the time comes, throwing her Boarding Pike [spear] when she gets within 20 feet.

(If ranges are tripled because we are outdoors, she will instead throw the spear first and then charge).