Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
kipper

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by kipper »

Jocasta is willing to take Mort's advice at this juncture.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

"I'll go with Mort's recommendation", replies Willig.

OOC--Willig is interested in the apothecary shop, if he doesn't know about this one yet, he will ask the tavern keep if they know of any local practitioners of the mystical arts.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

With a broad smile: The Fox it is.... an ale awaits.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo, "I likes Foxes..."

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Foxes are okay but ale is better.....

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Trusting Mort's advice, you secure donkey to a post outside and enter the Clumsy Fox. Opening the wide wooden door you are pleasantly assaulted by the smell of tasty food cooking, and the light smell of wood smoke, coming from a large fireplace in the corner with a crackling fire going. The Tavern is modest by some of those you've seen, but a set of well-worn stairs leads up to what appears to be rooms for rent. about a dozen heavy oak tables are scattered about the open dining area, and a bar with stools flanks a well-appointed bar to the left, and an archway that obviously leads to a kitchen, the source of the amazing smells.

The tavern seems to be quite empty, the only patron you see is a skinny older human man dressed in some common villager attire. He pauses taking a drink from his foaming tankard to take in the sight of your party as you enter, and he nods at you all, raising his tankard a bit in your direction, then he goes back to staring at the fireplace.

A high pitched voice shatters the calm. "Well I'll be... come on, sit down, SIT DOWN! you all look tired and hungry, lets get you fed!" You glance around and then down, finding the source of the voice to be a balding older halfling with grey hair over his temples. He wears an outfit that resembles lederhosen, with is wide hairy feet bare on the floor. A square rimmed pair of glasses is perched on his nose and he smiles at you all, nodding at Dewplo as he motions for you all to find a seat.

You find a large table in front of the fireplace, and take a seat. Before you have a chance to ask any questions the halfling says "Welcome! Our specialty is our Fox Tail ale, and you won't find better bread this side of the mountains! Eloise has a leg of mutton on the spit, and some taters in the pot. I'll keep your tankards filled and your bellies too for 10 silver a piece. We've got some rooms open too, in case you're looking for a place to stay. What'll it be ladies and gents?"

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig thinks about the 12 pieces of silver in his coin purse. "Innkeep, just a small beer for me, please...and some bread and cheese, if you will? I fear the road has made me more tired than anything. Might I inquire about your room rates? The common room would be suitable for me. Nothing extravagant."

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Nodding at the lone patron Eerik sits down next to Willig. Hold on Willig... To the keep: Can we get a discount that covers room and board for all of us for the night and morn? We can double/triple up as needed. Fate has not brought much to us in the way of coin.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra - Elf

Sythandra smiles at the halfling inkeep. She's about to ask him his name, then falls silent as Eerik enters into "intense negotiations." :D

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta likewise awaits the reply to Eerik.