Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
kipper

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by kipper »

Jocasta ponders if we could convince the Goblins to help us attack the dragon (by leading the attack), would save us a lot of work and/or could provide us a useful distraction!

"What be ye King's password? If we make port at his camp, we be mateys now ye understand, we would want to parlay and would not want no misunderstandings."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Dewplo finds the cheese to be quite tasty, with his discerning palate he assumes it to be a pricey cheese intended for some high-end consumption.

The goblin map-drawer smiles proudly at Dewplo's praise of his map. The goblins then get a puzzled look on their faces when Jocasta asks them about a password. "Uhhh... we don't know what you talking about. But we can take you to meet Hogboon if you want. He been looking for strong peoples to kill the nasty dragon for him. He give you special reward if you do it too..."

The goblins glance about, eager to learn of their fate.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi looks to the others for confirmation and, if they give will say, Take us there. And no trickery. You have seen our wrath, you don’t want to kindle it anew.

I’m all for it. More treasure for killing the dragon? Woot.

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta agrees that we should go see Hogboon with these goblins. If we can manage to work out some kind of deal (or at least convince Hogboon of such) then we've got one less thing to worry about too (ie having to fight random goblin patrols). Of course, goblins are often treacherous so we still couldn't completely let our guard down, and we do run the risk of Hogboon simply attacking us when we show up.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

So it seems the call is to have the gobs lead you to Hogboon the King. By the time you get there you'll have only a short time of daylight left, so keep that in mind.
Any plans or precautions? Any more questions of the gobs? If you go they'll want to bring their deceased with them.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Away from there prisoners: It appears this "dragon" has been bugging the gobbies as well. Perhaps we can strike a deal to engage the dragon together... with the gobbies acting as fodder?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 12:26 am
He been looking for strong peoples to kill the nasty dragon for him. He give you special reward if you do it too..."[/dialog]
:lol: :lol: :lol: That's awesome! The Gobs want to hire us!! Too funny, but I agree with Jocasta (I think it was) about them being treacherous and double-crossing. Can we maybe keep some of them prisoner, and just one or two of us go to speak to Hogboon? Just thinking outloud - how we can better guarantee our safety.

kipper

Post by kipper »

^ Hogboon would likely think nothing of the hostages' lives if he wanted to kill whomever of our group shows up. Our greatest protection would be to show up in force, so that we look too strong to easily overcome.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi agrees, Yes, they understand force. We need to be the strong horse to get Hogboon’s attention.

And I like the idea of leaving some hostages, in case the goblins would care. An added degree of protection for sure. Mort, do you think you and donkey could watch two goblins if we tie them up well enough? Not here, of course, but close to the big X on the map.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Oc: Sorry. Missed a notification. I think making meat shields out of, I mean joining forces with the goblins is a great idea. Now, Synthandra in the other hand...

Well, if the dwarf and the humans can keep their thirst for vengeance at bay, then I suppose an elf can, too. Keeping a couple goblins as prisoner, however, is a good idea. She nods in agreement with Hugi, then wrinkles her nose at the sight of Dewplo eating the cheese. Hobbits...