Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
badams30

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by badams30 »

kipper wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:16 pm
"Tell me more about this scurvy wench, the witch." Jocasta says.
George looks up as he swallows a bite of food. "The witch. I've never talked to her or seen her, for that matter, but one of my departed fellows accidentally stumbled upon her little pond and house in the woods, and said he got chased off by some skinny little green skinned, green haired people. He used to be fond of the sauce, so I think he was seeing' things, but there's a footpath just outside the town, leads off into the woods heading east. If you follow the path for about a mile through the woods till the path takes a hard left, keep going straight and you'll run right into her clearing. I don't know anyone who's talked to her or what she's like, but I'd be careful." Eric nods vigorously and says "YES, she's not to be trusted. And I'd keep your guard up, that dragon might be nearby awaiting her bidding."

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig looks closely at George and speaks to him, "Tell us how large did this dragon seem to be? You say his poison sapped you of your strength, but did the beast breath any type of fire or poison on you or your allies? And one more question, how did you escape from his clutches? Did the dragon fly away or did he tire of pursuing your group?"

Willig definitely wishes to speak with the alchemist and also the witch.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:36 pm
Willig looks closely at George and speaks to him, "Tell us how large did this dragon seem to be? You say his poison sapped you of your strength, but did the beast breath any type of fire or poison on you or your allies? And one more question, how did you escape from his clutches? Did the dragon fly away or did he tire of pursuing your group?"

Willig definitely wishes to speak with the alchemist and also the witch.
George shivers uncontrollably at the mention of the dragon's poison. It takes him a moment to answer. "after the thing bit me and flung me like a rag doll, it snorted out a yellowish gas that dropped Seamus dead in his tracks. Smelled like sulphur or something. And that dragon didn't have no wings, he was fat - like a well-fed crocodile or the like, about 30, 40 feet long from his tail to his nose. Dragged his big belly along as he walked. He didn't seem too fast, but he was quicker than we was, that's for sure. he tossed me a good 50 feet, into the treeline. I was out for a couple minutes, and when I came to he was eating my friends." George starts to sob and says "I was going to have a go at him again, but I passed out, and when I woke up it was dark, and the beast was gone, and my lads were just bits of bone and clothes." He sniffles and stifles a tear, and stuffs his mouth with more food.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik
kipper wrote:
Indeed... what is the story there?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra the elf nods at Dewplo's suggestion. I'm especially interested in seeing what the alchemist has to say, she says.
Last edited by tumblingdice on Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

The Halfling with the splendid cloak looks about smiling while his introductions are being proclaimed. He nods at each adventurer, acknowledging each one with a pressing of the bottom lip, his fists tucked at the borders of his cloak.

"Talk of large lizards and ugly witches," he nods with a flip of his cape. "Alas every fighting man would be a help to the greater good."

He clips himself into the middle of the conversation, the scent of vanilla and honey dazzling those nearest to him. "Now about this quest, surely it is a noble quest worthy of song and dead. Surely worth the soil on this cloak and the blood on this sword." He reveals a generous sword, a thick glades, at his side, looming larger than his halfling frame. "Oh yes this does seem like the right company of glorious heroes."

The man known as Elrey slaps his forearms onto the counter, "And now no doubt a good tankard would soothe the will for such things would it not?"

kipper

Post by kipper »

Jocasta is sceptical that the witch is involved with the dragon, but wants to go see her nevertheless and hear her side of the story. But that can wait until we've finished talking to people in town. Since there are few people heading to see the Alchemist already, Jocasta will go see the Warwick the smith.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:54 pm
Eerik
kipper wrote:
Indeed... what is the story there?
As Eric and George are discussing the dragon and whatnot, Bently (the innkeep) steps alongside Jocasta & Eerik and says quietly "The witch... no one in town knows her, she keeps to herself, if she's even still alive. She'd be quite old. Despite being so close by, people just leave her alone. No one seems to remember how she got her reputation, but there must be something to it, since it's stuck." He chuckles as Eric rants about the evil witch. "Heh... the Reeve is a good man, he loves the town, but he's preoccupied with the witch. If you're going that way it probably couldn't hurt to ask her what she knows. And Ingrid may have something to help you on your quest, she's the alchemist in town. A bit shy, but a nice gal."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The group listens to Eric and George and the comments about the witch from Bently. After finishing the food and ale, George quietly thanks Bently and Eric and almost sadly bids goodbye to your party, wishing you good luck as he leaves. Eric shakes each of your hands and says "I'll keep alert for any news or information. And I'll be praying for you. Keep me appraised of your progress!" With that, you all agree to visit at least the smith and alchemist tonight, and then in the morning you'll decide whether to visit the priest first, or just set off to find the elusive rumored witch. Bently waves a cheerful goodbye and says "Good luck! I'll have your room ready when you return."

You have no trouble locating the smithy's residence, as it's to the direct southwest of the tavern. A few clangs of metal on metal resonate, then silence. You approach a modest home with a detached outbuilding containing a large forge and work area that has a fireplace filled with glowing embers. a long piece of steaming iron sits on an anvil, and a stocky, ruggedly handsome human man of about 40 with a leather apron and long leather gloves is hanging a small hammer on a wall niche as you arrive. He looks up, squints and says in a deep voice "Eh there strangers, how can I help you?"

Surveying the shop, it seems like a standard well-equipped smithy, including a couple shelves filled with newly made horseshoes, shovel and pick heads, hearth implements, and a handful of plain but quite sturdy looking iron daggers. Oddly, almost every square inch of his shop walls that aren't covered with tools are covered wall to wall with horseshoes, rabbits feet, and clovers. He removes his gloves and puts his hands on his hips facing you all waiting for someone to speak...

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Ho there Warwick, I am Eerik, priest of Odin. Gesturing to his friends: We've just come from the inn where we had some banter with George and Eric about a drake or lizard or like ruffing up the area... as a group we are looking to dispatch it. Do you know anything about it that might help? We heard that it seemed impervious to normal weapons... would you know anything about that?