Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
kipper

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by kipper »

Jocasta has nothing to add to Eerik's statement, and awaits Warwick's reply.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi looks around the place, occasionally curling his lip at the human smithy implements and muttering under his breath about true craftsmanship.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:27 am
Eerik

Ho there Warwick, I am Eerik, priest of Odin. Gesturing to his friends: We've just come from the inn where we had some banter with George and Eric about a drake or lizard or like ruffing up the area... as a group we are looking to dispatch it. Do you know anything about it that might help? We heard that it seemed impervious to normal weapons... would you know anything about that?
The smith mops his brow with a rag and shakes his head. "You bet I've heard about it. Damn dragon has ruined everything around here. I did hear George mumbling about normal steel not affecting the thing, but I don't know anything about that. I'd forge something in a heartbeat if I knew it'd kill the thing" He points to a large wooden bin that is mostly empty with a few smallish and recycled bits of metal in it. "I'm running on empty here, pretty much out of metal. I usually get more of it when I need it from the dwarves under the hill, but they haven't come around in a while, and with that dragon on the loose I can't go check on em', and with that damn fairy tormenting me every night, it's all I can do to not go crazy."

Warwick suddenly pauses and starts nodding his head vigorously and says "Wait a minute - you look like adventurers, maybe you could check on the dwarves and bring me some metal!"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi arches an eyebrow. Dwarves?! Which clan? I never heard of. I never heard of no disruption to deliveries. O’ course it has been a few months since I was back Under and that is a bit far from here.

You wouldn’t be getting your steel from those Cathiter dwarves, would ya? That clan ain’t never up to no good.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo,

"Oh, I'll visit sum Dwarfs! Have ya a wheeled-bin for haulin the metal? I ain that strong."

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra - elf

Sythandra narrows her eyes. Fairy? Giving a big strong man like you trouble? What's the story with that?

Valdus

Post by Valdus »

El Rey huffs his chest and brandishes his enchanting cloak, resting a fist on his sword. "Eh Smith, it mayhap after all this and we have dispatched the large wyrm from the area, you would fashion a broach that would accent, nay even rival this fine cloak." He pushes the cloak for all to see. "Surely your workmanship would be known throught the entire land...

But then again, there is the matter of the dragon."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Warwick gets wide eyed at the questions, but dutifully answers each in turn.
(to Hugi) "Oh no, these fellas are Ironpicks. They ain't many of them, they's all brothers, 7 of em. They been here for a couple years, mining that good ore in the hill. I can get metal from other places, but that stuff is really nice, it works into fine implements. These brothers are hard workers, they don't say alot, but fair in price, for sure."

(to Dewplo) "Thank you, friend. They give me a processed metal that's pretty light, and I combine it with the metal I get around here to make a strong alloy. A bag of it aint too heavy, and they usually have it in sacks already. They got a cart and mule they usually use to bring it to me, so maybe they'd loan it to you if you tell em' its for me."

(to El Rey) his eyes light up at the prospect of making something. He pauses to take in the cloak and its fascinating design. "Oh, you bet I could. If you can get me some of that metal, I'd make ya' one that'd be the talk of the town."

(to Sythandra) he winces and says "My strength ain't no good against magics." He looks around nervously and says in a much lower voice: "that fairy has been tormenting me for some time now. Every couple nights, it comes around, a hooded phantom, I can see it from my window, it sometimes puts flowers on my sill, and leaves weird talismans on my door! I think its cursing me, but I ain't done nothing to no one, I've been lucky so far, it ain't come to kill me yet."

He composes himself and he says "If you can get me some of that metal I'd be greatful. I don't have a lot of money, 'cause I haven't been able to sell nothing, but I've got a sack of 200 silver I'll gladly give you, and this." He reaches under his workbench and pulls out a very sturdy looking plain, but obviously well-crafted silver dagger, which he hands to one of you to take. "Take this as a down payment. It's as fine a hand weapon as you'll get around here, and it's balanced and holds an edge like a razor."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Ironpicks?! I’ve heard of ‘em but ain’t met none before. Those guys are usually pretty good from what I’ve been told. Reliable and such…, Hugi scratches his bearded chin. Okay, we can talk to them I guess. If we do, you think your alloy can pierce dragon hide? Otherwise this adventure will go down as The One Where The Idiot Party Got Kilt By A Dragon. I’d prefer a better outcome myself.

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Avast ye," Jocasta says to Warwick, "The fairy is your heartie, not your enemy."