Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry
badams30 wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:50 pm
"And from what I've heard they are anxious to be rid of this menace, as are we..."
Dewplo's eyes meet Groak's, "If y'all ar want'n that thing to be 'rid' I don't sapose you've any aid to help us do that?" The Halfling tries to hide his blushing for asking for such a thing.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi mutters, How anxious, I wonder, sniffing gold metaphorically...

He then says, more loudly, Thank you for your assistance, Groak. We will leave you in peace and make camp. When I slay the dragon, I will say that it is for your people too.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Loiters to see if there is an answer to Dewplo's question coming.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:41 am
Hugi mutters, How anxious, I wonder, sniffing gold metaphorically...

He then says, more loudly, Thank you for your assistance, Groak. We will leave you in peace and make camp. When I slay the dragon, I will say that it is for your people too.
Dewplo looks cross at Hugi, "Mind yer Bizness! I read a story once where Frogs that live in trees have poisons!" Dewplo returns his look back to Groak, friendly, with a sheepish grin.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

When Dewplo asks about frog help in killing the Dragon, the frogs all stop what they're doing and stare at Groak, and they start to croak and click at each other. After a moment Groak says "we're not cowards, but our village was only about 50 strong till that dragon came. We've lost about 10 to him in the past month, and aside from about 10 others, we're the only warriors our village has. And between the goblins and other things that dont like us, we don't have numbers. And aside from the woodsmen, humans don't care about us. I'd help you, but our elders might not approve. We are going back to our village at first light. I'll see what I can do to help, but I don't think we can do much. We don't have mighty weapons or magic, and everything we've done so far has failed terribly. If I were you I'd see what help or information you can find at the town, and I'll see what we can do. But if you can find a way to vanquish this beast, our elders would be very grateful. Oh, if things are really bad, you could try to see if the witch could help you. She'll probably just turn you into shrubs, but you could ask her. She lives in a glade about a mile east of town."

As Groak finishes talking he hears Dewplo's mention of poison, and the gathered frogs chuckle at the suggestion. Groak nods and says "I'm sorry to say that we're not those kinds of frogs, as your humans call us. But if we had some poisons we'd surely employ them against this thing. We are done hunting and need to return to our people, I'll see what we can do, if you wish to find us, locate the woodsman named Thorn. He goes to town to buy food often. He can contact us. Safe travels to you, and good luck." Groak starts to turn to his friends then pauses and turns back and says "None of us can kill this beast on our own. Find some allies who can help or give you the information you need, and then you may be able to rid this land of this beast. Good luck to you, friends."

Groak and his crew nod polite goodbyes, then they gather their sacks and move north through the woods, out of sight.

You return to your small campsite to a fine smelling meal and a snoring donkey. The sun is low in the sky and the chirping of crickets signals the coming night. Any special actions tonight, or just normal watch?

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Grabs a bowl of soup and says grace. Thanks Mort. Do you know where the witch lives? Do you know anything about her?

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig muses, "What a wise toad that Groak is...this is a strange and wonderful world! I think we surely need to consult with this witch. She may want to rid the land of this dragon as well."

badams30

Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:05 pm
Eerik

Grabs a bowl of soup and says grace. Thanks Mort. Do you know where the witch lives? Do you know anything about her?
Mort scratches his chin and says "The witch, ah... I forgot about the witch. Yeah, there's a witch to the east of Brandonsford, but I don't know anything about her, just tavern talk. You'd probably be able to learn more when we reach town..."

Mort's fare is hearty as usual, and you all fill your bellies. Unless you have other plans, we'll handle watch like the previous night?

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo is sad to see the Frogmen depart. The Halfling eats his stew in a melancholic silence.

The same watch order works for me.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi pretends his stew is fried frog legs.

He’s fine with the same watch schedule.