A White Box FMAG Sandbox
connivingsumo

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 pm
What are you boys up to? What takes you north?"[/dialog]
Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo sits by the man and offers part of his Pork Sandwich, "We're heading North to Brandonsford also, but we heard there's a Dragon there! And it's causing all sorts of havoc!! Do you know anything about that, Mr.? Hear any tales'O there?"

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Mort happily accepts the sandwich, motioning for anyone standing to sit down. His eyes get wide at the mention of a dragon. "DRAGON? I haven't heard such a thing, but that might explain why I haven't seen anyone out here. Sorry, boys. I don't know anything about that. Say, you all look like adventurers, are you heading up this way to vanquish this beast? I don't know much about dragons, but if you might be lookin' for someone to help carry your spoils, then donkey and I could help!"

He nods enthusiastically and says "I haven't been to Brandonsford in years, but I heard that it's kind of a gateway to the wild lands, and there's lots of adventure and gold to be had. Brandonsford is about two days from here, why don't we make the trip together?"

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

We aren’t looking for some last castle on the edge of the wilds, says Hugi, nor some keep on the borderlands between law and chaos. We’re just looking for honest adventure with the prospect of gold. Dragon? I hope not but if that’s what it takes…

He shrugs and takes a bite.

Anyway, he continues around a mouthful, I think it’s better to travel in numbers, especially if things are as bad as we suspect.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Indeed Mort, we'd bee happy to have you and donkey along.

As the banter around the fire dies down Eerik prays a bit and turns in.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo suddenly looks timid, or sullen, as he mumbles under his breath, "Vanquish?! Well... I dunno'bout that!" He lightens up at the thought of greater numbers, "Yeah, it'd be great to have you and your cargo hauler here; he looks like a nice Donkey."

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Mort smiles at the offer to join your band. "Thanks! Donkey and I will do a good job for you." Donkey's ears twitch when his name is mentioned, but his excitement is contained to a. couple eye blinks before he falls back asleep.

The fire does a good job to keep the spring chill at bay, and the sun slowly sets. Tired after a long day, you all get ready to turn in. Mort has a well-worn but serviceable canvas tarp that he's strung up between some small trees, about 10x10 in area, enough to keep you all dry in the event of rain. "C'mon in here, I don't think there's rain, but if there is, we'll be dry." Mort takes a little corner near the edge of the tarp and says "Well, I'm pretty tired boys, I need to get some shut eye. I'll see you in the morning." And with a contented look he drifts off to sleep.

Do you want to post a watch? If so, what order? You do notice that every time you move or make a noise, Donkey stirs. When birds get noisy overhead, he takes note. He's obviously not a substitute for a set of eyes, but you feel pretty confident that he'd notice all but the most stealthy intruder....

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Hugi will take first watch

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:17 pm
Do you want to post a watch? If so, what order?
Dewplo doesn't see in the dark too well, but he's willing to take whatever shift on the watch.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig contemplates casting sleep on the donkey. How's a mage supposed to get his beauty sleep with that donkey stirring around all night long?!

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig will take last watch.