A White Box FMAG Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by jcftao »

Willig is ready to go.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Conscious of the setting sun, you make your way across the small village to the temple, a modest stone and hewn timber framed structure with a short bell tower to the left of the entrance. The wide single door is open and a man in grey robes wearing a holy symbol of a flaming anvil is sweeping dust out of the building. He is a human male in his 60s, balding and with a long scraggly grey beard that falls to his waist. He has a droopy frown that seems to go on forever, and tired looking eyes. He glances at all of you, his gaze lingering a bit longer on the Demi-humans in the party. He seems tired or imminently disinterested, you aren't sure which. He glances up at the fading daylight and then your group and he says in an unsurprising monotone voice:

"Is there something I can help you all with? It's getting a bit late in the day, you know.". He sets his broom inside the door and steps out to meet you, wiping his hands on the edges of his robe.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Days are long when drakes are about, Hugi the dwarf says, returning his stare with one of his own. Aye, and we aim to rid this town of its menace. Make the days short and sweet again. We hear you can help us. Provide guidance, blessings, maybe a healing draught or two.

kipper

Post by kipper »

"Yar, if ye could lend a hand ye'd put the wind in our sails!" Jocasta agrees.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

Greetings bother, I am Eerik, priest of Odin. As my friends already indicated, can you lend us your knowledge regarding the menace to the area?

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra - elf

Sythandra looks intently at the cleric. For some of us, it's personal. She'll keep an eye out for anything that looks religious or magical.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo steps out from behind the Dwarf revealing a pilfered Rosemary-Butter Bunn he stashed in his own cheesecloth. "Yes, we're after the villain menacing these lands, but I made this for you." the Halfling says, handing the Rosemary-Butter Bunn to the long bearded man.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

jcftao

Post by jcftao »

Willig wanders about the grounds near the temple, unsure how the priest may react to a student of the arcane art.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The priest sighs and gives Dewplo a glance just short of being disdainful and says "thank you, but I've just eaten." He puts his hands on his hips and says "Yes, yes, this dragon has been quite a curse on our town. In fact, I sent Brother Dirk to Sir Brandon's barrow mound to retrieve his sword to aid the village."

Noticing that the mention of Sir Brandon has no affect, he says in a bored, irritated and almost rehearsed tone:
"Hundreds of years ago a dragon terrorized this very village, the home of a young warrior called Brandon. He gathered a company of brave heroes and they ventured into the wild to slay this beast. There, Brandon received a magical sword from a beautiful fairy which he used to vanquish this foul beast. Brandon and his band were knighted for their deeds, and in time this village became known as Brandonsford." He takes a breath and continues... "It was a long time ago, people still talk of Sir Brandon, but there's nothing of him or his existence around here. Except for his tomb. It's in the woods about 5-6 miles to the northeast, to the right of the river about two miles inland. I sent Dirk to retrieve the sword a couple days ago. Now that you mention it, I'd expected him back by now. Hmmm..."

He looks preoccupied and says "Well, if you'll excuse me. I've got to lock up for the night. And as for concoctions and draughts and whatnot, that'd be the work of Ingrid. Though you wouldn't catching me ingesting such pagan rubbish." If you require healing or blessings I can help, but for a charitable donation to the church, of course."

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Apparently the church doesn’t take payment in Butter Bunns, mumbles Hugi. Okay, I’ve never met a Brandon I’ve ever liked but if his sword can help, I say we retrieve that. Might be our first order of business, actually, after conferring with the witch, of course. Seems a better use of our time than trade negotiations with a bunch of dwarves.