Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
jcftao

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by jcftao »

Willig looks up and down the length of the river and then all around, puzzled to find not even a rowboat.

"I believe she has misplaced her dinghy", he mutters to no one in particular.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

jcftao wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 3:21 pm
Willig looks up and down the length of the river and then all around, puzzled to find not even a rowboat.

"I believe she has misplaced her dinghy", he mutters to no one in particular.
Rumor has it that her helmsman is a great seafarer who goes by the name of Sod. He has a mighty oar.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo looks at the Pirate Woman, pretending like he's not actually hiding behind Hugi, but is. His face is unsure, but through a toothy grin a quiet, "Halo." fumbled out of his shy face. Unsure what to say, "I'm Dewplo. ...I like your bird.

We've met a lot of people, walked, and ate some food. Surely we're level 2 now? :mrgreen:

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra gives Willig a sharp look, then approaches Jacosta with a mix of caution and interest.

And who might you be? she asks the parrot, after nodding a greeting to the pirate.

kipper

Post by kipper »

greyarea wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:42 pm
Then with a booming voice, Hugi the dwarf says, Ahoy there. I am Hugi and my companions and I are off to fight a great drake. You seem like you could use a friend. Come walk with us to town at least.
"A drake ye say?" Jocasta replies, putting her tricorn hat back on. "Surely it must have plundered much booty," she adds to herself. "BOOTY!" echoes the parrot.

"Aye, I am heading into town meself and would be glad of the company."

connivingsumo wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 7:24 pm
Dewplo looks at the Pirate Woman, pretending like he's not actually hiding behind Hugi, but is. His face is unsure, but through a toothy grin a quiet, "Halo." fumbled out of his shy face. Unsure what to say, "I'm Dewplo. ...I like your bird.
"He is handsome lad for an old seadog, is he not? His name is Cap'n Jack." "CAP'N JACK!" echoes the parrot.
tumblingdice wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 1:14 am
Sythandra gives Willig a sharp look, then approaches Jacosta with a mix of caution and interest.

And who might you be? she asks the parrot, after nodding a greeting to the pirate.
"CAP'N JACK!" echoes the parrot again.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry
kipper wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 2:35 pm
"He is handsome lad for an old seadog, is he not? His name is Cap'n Jack." "CAP'N JACK!" echoes the parrot.
"CAP'N JACK!" echoes the parrot again.
Astonished, Dewplo steps out further from behind (the likely annoyed) Hugi, "Yes, he is beautiful!" the Halfling keeps looking at the ground in embarrassment, "I never did see a Seadog before, and it talks! I thought yew'wer just bein clever." he says in amazement. "What does it eat?" he lifts his chubby hand and wiggles his sausagey fingers, "Heh... I hope not fingers!" his voice more hopeful than joking.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then the target most injured.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Sammich will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

Eerik

A bit flabbergasted: Greetings.The bird.... is interesting. Is it magic in nature? The way it talks.

kipper

Post by kipper »

connivingsumo wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:52 pm
Astonished, Dewplo steps out further from behind (the likely annoyed) Hugi, "Yes, he is beautiful!" the Halfling keeps looking at the ground in embarrassment, "I never did see a Seadog before, and it talks! I thought yew'wer just bein clever." he says in amazement. "What does it eat?" he lifts his chubby hand and wiggles his sausagey fingers, "Heh... I hope not fingers!" his voice more hopeful than joking.
"Blimey, he'll eat just about anything!" She smiles and winks her eye as she strokes the parrot's head.
"BLIMEY!" echoes the parrot.
spanningtree wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:25 pm
Eerik

A bit flabbergasted: Greetings.The bird.... is interesting. Is it magic in nature? The way it talks.
"Nay, but Cap'n Jack's me matey."
"MATEY!" echoes the parrot.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

Mort steps up with donkey and nods politely "I'm Mort, and this here is donkey. Pleased to make your acquaintance, ma'am." Donkey stares curiously at Cap'n Jack and Mort says "We best be moving along, just a few more hours and we'll be in town. It'd be nice to have a real bed for a night, eh, Donkey?"

After introductions, you all get on your way, heading down the road toward Brandonsford. As you move along, the sunny skies turn to a cloudy and overcast sky, and the road gradually veers away from the river, turning into the woods. You continue on, the woods becoming thick and obscuring most of the overhead sky. The gloomy sky seems to put a damper on the earlier enthusiasm, and you march along in (mostly) silence.

The sun starts to descend in the sky, and shadows grow long in the woods, and your feet start to remind you of your accelerated pace today. As you crest a low rise, you see the river reappear to your left, and at almost the same time, a town pops into view. The little town is quite small and modest, and is surrounded by an obviously ancient stone wall. Thatched roof cottages and plaster/timber buildings are herded together inside the wall. You approach the village and find that there are two large wooden doors propped open, the road leading through them. You see no one at the opening in the wall, but you can hear the faint sounds of life coming from within the walls of the village.

Mort chuckles and says "Ah, finally. Welcome to Brandonsford, my friends!" You slowly enter the gate, and you see a small village, with two obvious inns near the center of town, The Clumsy Fox, and the Golden Egg. Mort points toward the Fox and says "my friends say this is the best place in town..." He smiles and stops, waiting for your direction.

You see a handful of people milling about, they pause to watch as you enter, but continue on with their business. (I've attached a map in the new MAPS section). I posted the key, you'll figure out the lay of the town in short order, but the two taverns stick out, as does the decently appointed manor at #4. It's humble by big city standards, but it is quite conspicuous in this tiny town....

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra - elf

Sythandra's eyes narrow at the mention of The Clumsy Fox. In my 350 years on this earth, she observes cooly, I have yet to observe a clumsy fox in the wild. And yet, she muses, considering The Golden Egg, they say, 'All that glitters is not gold." I'll take my chances at The Clumsy Fox."

The elf waits for others to chime in before heading in that direction, however.