Trouble at Brandonsford!

A White Box FMAG Sandbox
badams30

Re: Trouble at Brandonsford!

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 2:15 pm
I do believe that my post was hijacked!
YIKES~SORRY. I just noticed that, I was updating on my phone, which is always BAD. I'm going to proceed and I'll make a little note on the post, but don't want to mess it up worse. Sorry! UGH.

badams30

Post by badams30 »

The goblins cower in fear and pause for a few moments after they tell you the direction the dwarves are in and they say "If you let us go we'll help you, we'll do anything you say. We can take you to meet the king if you want... just don't kill us... please. We can even go away if you want us too, you'll never see us again. Honest...."

The goblins give you the wide sad eye pitiful looking treatment as you look on...

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

OC: I wasn't sure if Paul had been recruited as a double-secret co-DM. :D I do know he was once recruited as a bad guy posing as an FBI agent on a plane...

spanningtree

Post by spanningtree »

OCC: this was an eventful turn! I did not catch that Dewplo was wounded initially and will revise Eeriks actions accordingly.

Eerik

Will bind and pack Dewplo's wound.

OCC: No spells for 1st level clerics in this system. :?

badams30

Post by badams30 »

spanningtree wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:04 pm
OCC: this was an eventful turn! I did not catch that Dewplo was wounded initially and will revise Eeriks actions accordingly.

Eerik

Will bind and pack Dewplo's wound.

OCC: No spells for 1st level clerics in this system. :?
Dewplo is uninjured, he DID injure one goblin however.

greyarea

Post by greyarea »

Draw us a map to your camp and tell us everything you know about the dragon, demands Hugi in his most menacing voice ever. If you do, you may live to see another day.

Secret co-DM? Me? Not as far as you know ;)

badams30

Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:
Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:31 pm
Draw us a map to your camp and tell us everything you know about the dragon, demands Hugi in his most menacing voice ever. If you do, you may live to see another day.

Secret co-DM? Me? Not as far as you know ;)
The goblin looks thinks about it for a moment, then with a toothy grin he says "OKAY! I DRAW YOU MAP!" He smooths the dirt at his feet using his hand, then using a grubby finger he starts to trace lines and crude looking trees, stopping occasionally to ponder directions. After about 5 minutes he says "DONE! You like?"
As you look at the map, he does a fine if not disjointed narration. If you look at your map, you can see a correlation to his, keeping in mind he's not very smart and a bit scared, otherwise his map seems to jive with your map.

He points to a big X (where you are now) and says "This us. RIGHT HEERE." then he uses two fingers as if to imitate walking feet and he walks his fingers across the dirt to the Northwest about 2 miles to another X that roughly corresponds to where the ruins are on your map, just below the mountain with the dark cave in it. He stabs repeatedly at the X/ruin and says "This is where King Hogboon is, its our camp." He then points at the mountain just north of the ruins and gets an alarmed look on his face. "BIG DRAGON! BIIIIIG DRAGON HERE! YOU DONT WANT TO GO HERE!" DONT NO MUCH ABOUT HIM BUT HE REALLY ANGRY ALL THEM TIME. HOGBOON WANTS TO GET DRAGON BUT ME DONT NO HOW..." Then he moves his finger to the east, following the mountains, roughly to the place when there's a pile of rubble/mine opening on your map. He says "THIS WHERE YOU FIND DORFS AT. THEY LIVE HERE THEY DIG UNDERGROUND. THEY DONT LIKE US KING SAYS TO LEEVE THEM ALONE FOR NOW."

While the other goblin cares for the unconscious one, the map drawer stares at you with pleading eyes. "You aint gonna kill us are you? We did what you wanted."

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

Dewplo "the brave" Buttonberry

Dewplo, secretly shocked at his success, tries to retrieve his fired arrows; he then climbs onto the Goblin's wagon while the others interrogate the survivors.

His feets bump back-and-forth against each other, straight out in front of him as he sits straight legged. Picking up the cheese, he picks off the Gob-slobbery bits left by the Goblins and begins taste-testing. The Halfling reflects on their good fortune, is grateful, and takes pity on the Goblins... even though they would likely kill him in a skinny-minute.

The wonderfully sharp flavor of the cheese causes Dewplo's eyes to widen involuntarily. Through chipmunk size cheeks and mouth fulls of cheese, he mumbles to the Goblin drawing the map, "Hey! I like your map."

If no objections, Dewplo will procure the 10 Shortbow arrows.

Master Sneaker
Target priority: imminent danger (self or companion), then target the most injured foe.
+ Arrows = 20
+ HP: 7
+ AC: 13
+ Super sneaky (Near Invisibility (1-5/d6))
+ To Hit: +3 with missiles (+1 melee), or +5 if Hidden (+3 melee).
+ Only receive half damage from 'Giant Types' (Ogres, Giants, Trolls, etc.)
When possible, Dewplo will always try to retrieve previously fired arrows.

tumblingdice

Post by tumblingdice »

Sythandra glares at Dewplo, then looks to Hugi expectantly. Your prisoner; your call, the elf concedes sullenly.

connivingsumo

Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:
Wed Oct 12, 2022 2:32 am
Sythandra glares at Dewplo, then looks to Hugi expectantly. Your prisoner; your call, the elf concedes sullenly.
Confused, the Halfling's face contorts at Sythandra's scorn. Lamenting at the size of the remaining cheese, he smiles and extends his cheese-arm out to Sythandra, "It's really good! Want some?" :mrgreen: